Options

Student seeks IT pros for survey

danxddanxd Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all. I am a Ph.D. student at Capella University. My specialization is IT Management. I am in the last phase of my dissertation and seeking volunteers in North America to participate in an online survey.

The subject of the survey is the level of effort for the management, administration, maintenance, and/or security of Network Servers. If you are a technical professional familiar with the efforts required to keep network servers going on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis, please take my survey. This includes technicians, administrators, managers and executives.

Here’s the link:
Network Maintenance Research 1d

The survey is mid-length: about 20 questions, but 7 of those are demographic type questions. Also, some questions may not apply to each respondent (some are specific to operating system). Respondents should be able to complete the survey in about 10 minutes. The questions revolve around the amount of labor required to maintain server hardware and software.

Your response to the survey is greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to offer you a prize or some other honorarium for your participation just like the big survey companies, but I am a semi-starving student (LOL). I can offer to share the results when completed. Just enter an email at the end of the survey.

Finally, if this post is “not in the spirit” or in violation of acceptable posts in this group or forum, please forgive me. Feel free to delete the post. I need hundreds of respondents across the United States, so I am posting in many groups and forums across the internet. Any administrators or users who wish to comment, please respond to directly to my profile.

Thank you very much for your consideration and participation.

P.S. If you know of other groups, forums, or communities whose members might be interested in taking the survey, please send me a note. Also, feel free to forward this request to others who might be interested in helping. Thanks icon_wink.gif

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    *cracks open a beer*

Oh what the heck, I'll give it a shot. I was once a starving college student. I have to warn you, with my results you might say to yourself "Man, the level of effort spent on his network just isn't there with this particular Network Administrator"

You are correct sir!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    I did the survey on my BlackBerry Storm. Question #13 is a killer on the tiny touchscreen!

And it's nice to have another Capella University student here at TE. :D
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did it because I was curious to see what #13 was, but then I gave up once I got there. Sorry.

Just kidding! Good luck with wrapping up your Ph.D!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,039 Admin
    dynamik wrote: »
    I did it because I was curious to see what #13 was, but then I gave up once I got there. Sorry.
    Actually, this brings up a good point. I would think surveys that have "killer questions" might tend to be less accurate because long or complex questions might annoy the survey takers and cause them to answer less accurately just to get by the question. Many people don't mind picking up a lot of little 5# weights, but don't want to pick up even a single 100# one.

I've done that with free computer magazines subscription form that looked like the application for a mortgage. I'd just put down that I'm a CEO making more than $250K and check a few more random boxes and I'd be done in about 15 seconds, as opposed to the five minutes it'd take for me to fill out the form accurately. Today, those forms have been greatly simplified. It's amusing to think that the answers on those old subscription forms might have been considered by some organizations as real marketing data.