Options

Cisco press BSCI fourth edition

crisb20crisb20 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed the CCNA and decided to go right into the BSCI. I shopped online and seen the CCNP BSCI 3rd edition and 4th edition. So I think to myself it makes sense to order the most up to date version the 4th. So I get the book today open it up and wham, the first thing I read is "This book is intended for those who have already read the 3rd edition." For those who have passed the test would you recommend reading both books? I already have the BSCI nugget video series and 4 routers. Would that make up for the 3rd edition? I also do not have any on the job experience with Cisco equipment, but made it a point to do plenty of labs while studying for my CCNA. My primary plan is to find a networking specific job and use the BSCI to stay sharp for interview questions because I know I probally will be looking for a job for a while.

Comments

• Options
    kafifi13kafifi13 Member Posts: 259
    I think your ok. Then again i've failed this test a couple of times and taking it again soon. Just take your time and study all the details. I thought CCNA was tough. You really have to do a lot of labs. Don't fly pas IPV6 and Multicasting either. I know the book doesn't go into too much detail about it but Cisco is really pushing this. That is my biggest weakness right now and that's why i have failed.
  • Options
    cowood2676cowood2676 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the test a few weeks ago. I only read the 4th edition it is more than enough.
  • Options
    crisb20crisb20 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alright, thanks for the advice. Looks like I might need to go to Cisco's website for some additional research on IPv6 and multicasting. Also for IPv6 one of my friends let me borrow there MCTS study guides, which has a good section on IPv6. A couple of Windows 2008 IPv6 DNS virtual machines with a couple of Linux virtual machines sporting some Hello World web pages should really spice things up in the lab!!!
  • Options
    psrajpsraj Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am in the same boat. Just finished CCNA yesterday, and want to move onto CCNP. Looked at the reviews for the 4th edition BSCI, and not sure if that would be the best book. What is the consensus on other CCNP-BSCI books out there?