Options

Network+ Certified

dsjellesmadsjellesma Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed my exam today with a score of 735.

I have no professional experience, just the little networking I've done here at home between two or three computers and a printer. It took me 12 days from the day I started the first TestOutCBT Video till the day I passed my exam.

The test was mostly troubleshooting. Even the questions that were supposed to test knowledge of simple facts like Ethernet specifications, were still asked in the form of a troubleshooting question.

I used TestOutCBT, TechExams.net, ProProfs.com, and yes...Wikipedia

My suggestion to anyone is to focus on practice questions rather than straight memorization. They will help frames things in the context of a real life issue, rather than just the definition.

Thanks to those of you who helped, and good luck to everyone still working towards it!

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Got any more exams lined up?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    dsjellesmadsjellesma Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not at the moment. I thought about taking the security+ but for right now I am going to just try to get some low level helpdesk job and go from there.
  • Options
    laptoplaptop Member Posts: 214
    dsjellesma wrote: »
    Not at the moment. I thought about taking the security+ but for right now I am going to just try to get some low level helpdesk job and go from there.

Hi. Congratulations.

I am wondering where you bought TestOutCBT??

I'm interested to get TestOutCBT for comptia network+

thanks
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Security+ is fun to study for, I'd recommend keep going with certifications.. get as many as you can. There is no reason not to, esp. in this economy.

There are books out for the new Security+, and the exam is pretty straight-forward.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics