Options

Passed 70-647

HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
Passed 70-647, so that wraps MCITP: Enterprise Administrator. The exam is pretty much what everyone has described here, so I don't see any reason to go into any other details.

Prep material:

Amazon.com: The Real MCTS/MCITP Exam 70-647 Prep Kit: Independent and Complete Self-Paced Solutions: Anthony Piltzecker: Books

Read about 1/3 of it and just stopped. I knew this stuff from hands on experience.

Used Transcenders as well, although those honestly weren't as representative as they usually are of what the exam is like.

Next up? *shrug* Dunno yet. Tempted to leverage this 85% off thing for elearning to learn SCOM, SQL2008, or something like that, but I really should be focusing more on storage and VMware. I'm also still learning about PowerShell and what not, too. I'll figure it out soon...
Good luck to all!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hey, about time! You're getting one sexy cert list :D
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Hey, about time! You're getting one sexy cert list :D

I put a higher priority on my resume. :D
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Congrats. Hero did your copy of Real MCITP have errors in it? The one I had had editorial notes and missing paragraphs throughout.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats HP :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Congrats. Hero did your copy of Real MCITP have errors in it? The one I had had editorial notes and missing paragraphs throughout.

Yeah, it did. Pretty crappy book. There was one paragraph I read that literally you couldn't even make sense out of it no matter how hard you tried. That was the point I just thought, "Screw this, I know this stuff!"

Stopped, did the Transcenders, and took the exam. icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Sounds pretty similar to my experience with it. I ended up sending my copy back to Amazon and got the MS Press book instead :)
  • Options
    Sounds pretty similar to my experience with it. I ended up sending my copy back to Amazon and got the MS Press book instead :)

*shrug* I'd have done that, but I ordered this book months ago, and didn't get around to prepping for the exam as soon as I wanted to.

Plus, in my experience, a book can only go so far in helping you prep anyway. I proved already by passing that for me, even reading any book for this exam was a waste of time, even a good quality book.

Anyway, what's funny for me is usually when I finish a major multi-exam cert like MCSE or MCITP, I feel like I really accomplished something, and I know my stuff. This time though, I just feel relieved that I don't have to prep for any core MCSE/MCITP type exams for at least several years, with maybe the exception of Win7, which the exam for that likely won't be available until next year anyway. And if that exam is like the Vista exam, I'll breeze through that anyway.

Time to do something else!
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Sounds rather like how I felt, just kind of ho-hum. Congratulations on your pass, take a break so that I can catch up to your awesomeness since dynamik is untouchable these days. :D I need to get cracking on my PS and Exchange studies again, I've been slacking.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Congrats!

I felt the same way - no real sense of accomplishment, no celebrating, just glad to be done with OS exams for a while. Hopefully I'll feel better when I finish the EMA since I am putting more effort into it than I did the EA.