Options

BSCI - Passed

mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
I scrapped a pass today on my BSCI with a 811, but I'll take it!!

That was a pretty brutal exam.
For those about to take it don't slack on studing the smaller subjects like ipv6, multicast.
I thought the bulk was going to be EIGRP, OSPF and BGP and a few questions on the above.

BTW I got the new kind of Simulation question. Has anyone seen those? Same as the original with a new face lift.

This is my first exam toward the np. Not sure what im going to take next. It doesn't matter does it?

Comments

• Options
    BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice one icon_thumright.gif
    it sounds like a horrid exam for any one who sits it,
    lots of people on the forum are saying about the ipv6 and multi-cast stuff is a muh larger part then the study material lets on.
    good to know bit of info as i am going through it now.

again

congrats icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    mattsthe2 wrote: »
    I scrapped a pass today on my BSCI with a 811, but I'll take it!!

This is my first exam toward the np. Not sure what im going to take next. It doesn't matter does it?

Congrats on the pass, it took me three times to pass that one.
    The recommended path is BSCI, BCMSN, ISCW, ONT, and if completed in that order, you will see that they build on each other.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good work on the pass! I am sitting this on 10th April and hammering the multicast and ipv6 study as I've read a fair few posts that emphasize there is more of this involved in the bsci than you would have thought by looking at the blueprint.

I don't think either are actually that difficult, more that they're just a new area for many people unless you work for an ISP.

As ever jeremy's cbt nuggets are awsome on these topics combined with the cisco press books, I don't think you can go wrong if you put the time in.

Congrats once again on the pass.
  • Options
    accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    malcybood wrote: »
    Good work on the pass! I am sitting this on 10th April and hammering the multicast and ipv6 study as I've read a fair few posts that emphasize there is more of this involved in the bsci than you would have thought by looking at the blueprint.

I don't think either are actually that difficult, more that they're just a new area for many people unless you work for an ISP.

As ever jeremy's cbt nuggets are awsome on these topics combined with the cisco press books, I don't think you can go wrong if you put the time in.

Congrats once again on the pass.
    agreed.

There is also a GREAT video on Cisco.com CCNP TV on multicast and it's different modes + PIM.
    Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
    Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    pass
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    the smaller subjects like ipv6, multicast.
    There are no small subjects on the exam blueprint... only small study plans :D
    BTW I got the new kind of Simulation question. Has anyone seen those? Same as the original with a new face lift.
    I got one a long long long time ago that was "new looking" -- probably a beta at the time. Was it sort of a dark green interface with tabs on the left?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

There are no small subjects on the exam blueprint... only small study plans :D

I got one a long long long time ago that was "new looking" -- probably a beta at the time. Was it sort of a dark green interface with tabs on the left?

thanks everyone theres a real sense of a community here.

:P on the small subjects comment, you know what i mean!

and on the sim question yeah it was green, the icons and diagrams were all sharp and nice looking, but i hated it because it threw me a little not to mention it was a really really hard question, CCIE kind. It's all broke, find the problem and fix it - type. I actually totally skipped it, spent 3mins looking at the question. I was hoping that it was one of the 5 questions that go unmarked. Glad i did because i only had a few mins left on the clock when i finished my last question.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□