Options

70-291 MS Webcast links

motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
Well, I took this test Friday and I failed my first attempt, by a VERY small margin. My scores were all above the 75% mark except in the security portion of the test. Amazing, had I taken that part more seriously, I would have passed easily. For me, this test wasn't as bad as the 290, mainly because I use these topics more than the broader 290 test topics. There is overlap from the 290 as well.

With that being said, DO NOT under estimate the WSUS/IAS/IIS/CA technologies, which is what I did and was my downfall. I have only prepared for this exam in 3-4 weeks on and off, so it isn't a total loss. I went in with a second shot and my intent was to get a feeling for the test due to all the horro stories. Anyways, I will be retesting in the next 2 weeks and brushing up on the above mentioned topics. I want to pass AND retain the knowledge.

So far, I am using the CBTNuggets, Testout, techexams forums.

SO.... I did some digging around and found these MS webcasts. I am not sure if all the links are live at this point in time. Some of the posted dates are older, I am sure that they could still help, but the topics seem to fall into what is covered on the 291 exam. Hope they help everyone, I'll know better when I actually try all the links. I have watched the one for DNS and it covers a lot in just over an hour. Every little bit helps.

If anyone finds any dead links or input, plese feel free ( obviously), I am at work and don't have all the time necessary to check each one right now. Some are downloadable, so if the live link doesnt' run, scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a download URL.

Security:

Support WebCast: Vulnerability assessment and the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer ( MBSA )

TechNet Support WebCast: Using Internet Authentication Service server to set up 802.1x networks ( IAS Server )

TechNet Support WebCast: How to use IPSec to help secure network traffic ( IPSec )

TechNet Support WebCast: How to use IPSec to help secure network traffic ( IPSec network traffic )

TechNet Support WebCast: Methods that are available for authenticating Internet Protocol security sessions ( IPSec authentication )

TechNet Support WebCast: How to isolate servers by using Internet Protocol security ( IPSec server isolation )

TechNet Support WebCast: How to understand, implement, and troubleshoot Kerberos double-hop authentication ( Kerberos )

TechNet Support WebCast: Best Practices for Public Key Infrastructure: Steps to build an offline root certification authority (part 1 of 2)
( PKI best practices pt. 1 )

TechNet Support WebCast: Best practices for Public Key Infrastructure: Setting up an offline subordinate and an online enterprise subordinate (part 2 of 2) ( PKI best practices pt. 2 )

TechNet Support WebCast: Troubleshooting and evaluating Public Key Infrastructure health in Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows 2000 ( PKI troubleshooting )

TechNet Support WebCast: Creating offline certificate requests by using Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Certificate Services ( CA offline certs )

Support WebCast: IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN Security with Microsoft Windows ( Wifi LAN Security )

DNS:

TechNet Support WebCast: Troubleshooting DNS configuration issues on domain controllers by using the DNS test in the Windows Server 2003 SP1-based version of the DCDIAG tool ( DNS troubleshooting ) DCDiag

Support WebCast: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 DNS: Stub Zones and Conditional Forwarding ( DNS stub and forawrding zones)

TCP/IP:

TechNet Support WebCast: TCP/IP Stack Improvements in Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ( TCP/IP stack )

TechNet Support WebCast: Configuring subnets for Active Directory sites in Windows Server 2003 ( IP subnetting, AD subnetting )
-WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    JBrownJBrown Member Posts: 308
    Scheduling the exam for march 11 and IPSec is my weak link.

Thank you for the links.
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Anytime! If it can help at least one person, it was well worth the time. I had my head up my rear and left these topics lower in priority, which actually bit me in the butt. Lesson learned.

I had to download most of those to the local machine, they are zipped. They are full of info, at least the ones I have looked at so far. I am watching the IPSec isolation one right now. If I find more, I will post 'em up.

EDIT: After watching one of the IPSec webcast , here is a link to MS IPSEC mainpage. Looks like a wealth of info:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/bb531150.aspx
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    BulollaBulolla Banned Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot for all the links, I just started studying for 291 and I am sure I will use them. k

Thanks again!