Options

Back to CCNP - BCMSN

redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
I'm still working my way through my PNCC. (Yes, I know I'm doing it backwards, but I'm goofy like that!) Up next is my BCMSN and I'm excited to be getting back to some hardcore labs. I have ordered the exam study guide and was wondering if it would be good to order to exam guide itself as well. I had heard that the self-study guides were a bit more study-friendly and I have the CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal videos for this one, but I was still wondering if I might be missing out without the official exam guide...any ideas?

I'm also considering getting the lab book for this one for some labs to try with the spare equipment at work. We have a spare 6509 as well as several 3500's. Is this still good to get if you aren't doing the Cisco Academy courses? I'd like to get some good labs in for this one.

Thanks as always!

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well for my first outing i used the following:

exam cert guide
    self study
    CBT nuggets
    lab portfolio
    cisco docs (well parts i thought would be useful)

i failed it by a couple of questions on my first attempt at a pro exam. My switching was solid but my wireless/voip was terrible. All in all alot of the info on these sections on the exam werent covered in the material i used and that wasnt helped with my inexperiance of the two - quite shocking seen as though thats alot of £££'s spent there. What im saying is these two area's are neglected in the study materials above. The questions i encountered i hadnt even seen before.

Ive heard the bryant material covers these basis in well. so i may be tempted to check these out.

Good luck on the exam, im sure you will be ok having sat others at the pro level.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking