Trying/Need to Pass Quickly

Keith83Keith83 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to level with everyone - I have a job-related need to earn this certification in a very rapid time frame.

Ideally, I would be taking this exam by the end of March.

I am not a security professional by trade. I am a java developer who has some knowledge of the Java security APIs. I've also recently completed an M.S. Computer Science, and within the past year took courses in cryptography, computer & network security, and information security.

Any guidance on a "crash-course / "****" approach would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to thumb your noses at me if you like, but if you're going to be derisive, at least throw me a bone in doing so :D

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Read the Syngress book and go through Transcender; it's not that difficult.

You're not going to get any support for **** here ncool.gif
  • Keith83Keith83 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    Read the Syngress book and go through Transcender; it's not that difficult.

You're not going to get any support for **** here ncool.gif
    Haha, I didn't think so - but I'm at least looking for some study guides and practice exams that are comprehensive and can be studied through within a week or two period.

What is Transcender?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keith83 wrote: »
    What is Transcender?

Excellent and legitimate practice exams:
    Transcender IT Certification Prep Training Products - Practice Exams and More

Also there are good TechNotes on this site:
    http://www.techexams.net/co_securityplus.shtml
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    1 month is more than enough time to read through a number of Security+ books out there. Just make sure that you are studying for the correct exam. CompTIA is currently transitioning from the older exam to the newer one. Obtain study material that is relevant to the version of exam that you plan to take.
  • RasenganRasengan Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Trust me when I tell you you don't need a "crash course" for Security+. That's one of the main problems in the cert industry today; people taking/passing the tests wo/ actually knowing the info.

Buy the Sybex book, read 50 pages/day. That's about 9 days (add 4 days if you buy the review guide too). Hell, use 1 more day to thoroughly review. Take the practice tests that come w/ the material.

BAM, Sec+ in 2 weeks. I just took it today, 830/900.
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    +1

It's not a difficult exam. Read a study guide, reinforce with practice questions and a review book.. you should be good to go. I passed with an 840, easy.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics