Options

BSCI on Saturday March 14th

aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
Well, after about 8 - 9 months of studying for the BSCI, I finally decided that I might have a good chance of passing the test this time. ;)

Two weeks ago I went through the forum and did a search on all the "Failed BSCI" threads and copy/pasted all the testimonials about their experiences and consolidated them into a Word document. Anybody wanna guess what the overwhelming theme was for failing?

IS-IS, Multicast, and IPv6 (I would have thought BGP and OSPF).

So folks I've been hammering those subjects for the past weeks and hopefully I'll come out on top when the final bell rings on the exam.

Please wish me luck and lots of prayers! icon_wink.gif
CCIE Wr: In Progress...
Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
Follow my study progress at Route My World!
My CCIE Thread

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    G you are going to kick some Arse man I bet you get like 900 something on BSCI
    over study like you said you do and man you will get it! I am so pumped for you man!

It is so smart to get a survey like that and I would agree on IPV6 that is one of the weeders
    how many good books on it? Nada! but I know you can do it.

I am praying for you man! and wishing you well!

Robert;)
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! That's a very logical approach, hope it all works out! :)
  • Options
    Thanks guys for the well-wishes!

I passed with an 855. I was extremely happy with the score. After the exam I didn't get the results right away for some reason. I was just hoping for at least an 800. And for the next 2 minutes or so while waiting for the printout I felt that it could've gone both ways. I really had no idea. I came in very confident. But I found the exam extremely challenging. I used up almost all of the allotted time, finishing with barely 30 sec left.

I expounded in more detail about the experience here on my blog.

Some of the highpoints:
    - IS-IS felt pretty easy for me. I doubled my efforts on the big three (ISIS, Multicast, IPv6) based on people's experience here.
    - Didn't see a lot of multicast as I was expecting. But for the ones I saw, I either knew it or not at all.
    - IPv6 was easy for me except one question that I spent a long time with. This particular question was not specifically discussed in the books I used - I know cause I checked the book right when I got home.
    - A sim was totally not working. I was so frustrated with it that I just did a "copy start run" to reload the original configuration and started over with configuring without verifying it, hoping that I would get some partial credit for it.
    - Be mindful of what you click. I stupidly clicked "next" on a multiple scenario-based question and ended up answering only the first question of the group.
    - Again, time management. By the time there was only 30 minutes left on the exam, I still had 31 questions left. There was a series of straight to the point questions that helped me regain some time back. But don't count on this being the case on every exam because I believe they are not all the same.

Anyway, I already started reading a few pages from the BCMSN study guide this morning and hoping to take the exam on this one in four months. Hopefully!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    mattsthe2mattsthe2 Member Posts: 304
    congrats man. I passed mine just last weekend.
    Every point you had mentioned i felt the same way.

I'm onto the BCMSN too, good luck with that one.

Don't forget to take a few days rest.

Congrats again!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Miikey87Miikey87 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations,

Im about a month/two months into my study for this exam. Just entering into BGP now, its been on hell of a ride so far getting to know it.

Good luck with BCMSN!
    :study: - Never stop learning

Completed
    Microsoft: 70-640,70-642, 70-646, 70-652, 70-653, 70-662, 70 - 681, 71-169
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
    Citrix - CCA XenApp 6
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Congrats on the pass, aragoen! :D

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    CherperCherper Member Posts: 140 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. One of the best feelings in the world is the screen that says congratulations. It is right on the heels of one of the worst feelings, clicking next and waiting. I had one test take a few minutes to give me my score. I wanted to barf from the nerves of waiting.
    Studying and Reading:

Whatever strikes my fancy...
  • Options
    Thanks for the congrats guys.

I've already started BCMSN this past monday. I'm hoping I can at least read through the 800-some pages of the BCMSN study guide before my second child is born. ;)
    My CCIE Thread