Options

BAD_POOL_CALLER

moe2810moe2810 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
OK .. I have been to Microsofts website and I am still having trouble understanding the BAD_POOL_CALLER blue screen, what is the cause of this. I work in a Technical Support department and I am trying to get to the cause or the meaning of exactly what a BAD_POOL_CALLER means. Anyone out there that can explain this to me. Thanks in Adavance

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    have you upgraded the OS recently? added any new hardware? or updated any drivers?
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    moe2810moe2810 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Ten9t6
    This is not a problem that I am experiencing, it is a customer of mine; I work at a software company. I thought in general it was the result of faulty hardware, however, I do not want to jump to any conclusions.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    It can be because of corrupted or unsupported drivers. You can also see this on XP upgrades on pcs that have incompatible hardware.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I would back track the problem..Unroll drivers, try safe mode, system restore.....