Options

A different kind of "Failed BCMSN" thread...

AutoBahn81AutoBahn81 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guess what...I AM RELIEVED!

Why? I really slacked off studying for this one. I'm not a cocky person or anything like that, I was just lazy. I told myself beforehand that I actually would be kind of disappointed in the test if I passed. I stretched my study time out over about 6-8 weeks with a LOT of multi-day breaks. This last week alone I was too lazy four out of the seven days to study. I figured that since the Cisco Comeback promotion was in effect, I'd like to see the test and get a feel for the Pro-Level exams (this was my first one). I'm just hoping that the threads I've read are correct as far as me being able to use it. Any pro exam re-certifies you for an associate one right? That's how I interpret it...

The test was actually the best one (Cisco) I've taken. Wireless and Voice (mostly wireless) KILLED me though. I did well on all the other topics. There weren't any questions I felt were way out of left field. I thought to myself quite a bit "Yup, I didn't study that very much" on the questions I knew I didn't know. Obviously my best guess was off haha. One thing that was really nice is because of how I felt going in I had no test anxiety at all.

I'm going to list my study material, but I want to be very clear that I am not doing so with any negativity...I thought it was good study material but like I said...I just didn't study enough for the exam.

Cisco Exam Cert Guide
CBT Nuggets (Jeremy rules!)
Experience (5 years)
Lab consisting of a 4503, 3725, 3750, 2900XL, 2 3750Gs, and a 3550. (I'd like to point out....NO wireless or voice. We have both in our production network but our WLAN is much different than the exam study material content i.e. we have no WLCs, LWAPs, etc. As for voice, well...I've learned a lot at work but obviously not enough!)

Oh yeah, my score was a 75-something (sheet is downstairs in the car).

I going to take it again in about two weeks.

Good luck to you all and let this be proof for those of you in doubt....slack off and you WILL fail!

On the upside, I don't have to start studying for the BSCI yet...which I am REALLLLY dreading.
BIT - Network Administration
MBA - IT Management

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    AutoBahn81 wrote: »
    Guess what...I AM RELIEVED!

Any pro exam re-certifies you for an associate one right? That's how I interpret it...

Yup, I passed BCMSN 4 days before my CCNA was set to expire.

The testing center screwed up and gave me a new Cisco ID instead of my proper one, and I didn't catch it until after I'd taken the exam and noticed my CiscoID wasn't quite right.

So my CCNA ended up expired because of it. I contacted Cisco, explained the situation, and they were good about it all, asked me alot of info to make sure I was who I was, then merged my scores and recertified my CCNA. After I passed ISCW, the Cisco Cert tracker shows my CCNA's expiration as 3 years from the day I passed it.
  • Options
    AutoBahn81AutoBahn81 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I understood that part of it, I just meant as it pertains to the rules of using the comeback code.
    BIT - Network Administration
    MBA - IT Management
  • Options
    AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    It's easy to become lazy in study. I've postponed my BCMSN exam twice now, I have it in 2 weeks.

Hopefully i'm ready for it this time.
  • Options
    mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    HAH... funny thread. I especially liked: "I told myself beforehand that I actually would be kind of disappointed in the test if I passed." Yep, that's one way of looking at it.

I failed two of the NP exams... the BSCI and the ONT. And I had the same attitude you have: "I'd like to see the test and get a feel for the Pro-Level exams". That's definately looking at the glass being half-full. Well done.

So keep at it. Now that you've seen the exam, review of the material becomes a lot more meaningfull. Stuff will jump right of the page and smack you now, stuff that you saw on the exam and missed.

Good luck to ya.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.