Options

Accuracy of Transcender questions

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
So I just picked up a voucher/transcender bundle from getcertify4less.com and i'm going through the questions for 70-270. They are pretty in-depth! For those of you who used Transcender questions and flash cards to prepare for this exam, how did you feel they prepared you? Was the material covered helpful during the exam?
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• Options
    f3z81f3z81 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I just picked up a voucher/transcender bundle from getcertify4less.com and i'm going through the questions for 70-270. They are pretty in-depth! For those of you who used Transcender questions and flash cards to prepare for this exam, how did you feel they prepared you? Was the material covered helpful during the exam?

I briefly used the transcender test engine on the 270, I say briefly as I only managed to sit one complete exam, as it was on a borrowed machine (Laptop).
    First impressions were that it was very good, the questions in my opinion were harder than the actual exam it’s self, in that they were more in depth.
    I only wish I got a change to do more on the 270, and the rest of the exams for my MCSA Messaging
    I bought the Sybex MCSA Buddle book set, and to be honest I have found them really good, you get two full tests per book as well as chapter test, and because I bought the bundle, they through in a further 2 tests per book, so 4 full tests per book. (I also done a class based course).
    I mainly used the above to pass the 270, 290 & 291, but given the option of using the transcender exams again I defiantly would, I found the test engine very good, compared to the very basic Flash/Shockwave type Sybex exams. I can comment on the flash card as I didn’t get a chance to use them.
    For me the transcender exams are big thumbs up, I am seriously considering purchasing them for my final exam for my MCSA – the 284, which I failed first time round.
    Best of luck when u sit the exam!
    2011:

CCNA April / May (Hopefully)

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

Then Rest! :thumbup:
  • Options
    dsilenzidsilenzi Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I use transcender for all of NT. Starting to upgrade to MCSA. Have some work experience too. 270 flunk first time getting ready again, found the new exam questions compared to the old days very long, tiresome. Anywho, Transcender very good, great explanations too, if you don't underdstand something! Depending on your experience and comfort zone U could use it alone Or adjunct to some other study materials, I'm using Technotes for instance. If U got experience and your a good test taker Transcender maybe your ticket for "quick" passes. Good Luck
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    I use transcender's all the time to help me prepare for an exam....

Occasionally there might be one or two dated questions which I go and clarify but apart from that I've never had an issue....

Used them for all the certs in my avatar.. :) Except CCNA:Security as there wasn't any available at the time.

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've used Transcender on all the MS exams I've done so far, and the overall format and style they use for their exam questions (not the flash cards) is very similar to the real thing. If you go through all the questions, you won't be surprised by anything when it comes to the format of the actual test.

Content is another matter. Transcender is still pretty good here, too, but you'll definitely need to use other study materials to cover everything.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    jhooditjhoodit Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A.P.A wrote: »
    I use transcender's all the time to help me prepare for an exam....

Occasionally there might be one or two dated questions which I go and clarify but apart from that I've never had an issue....

Used them for all the certs in my avatar.. :) Except CCNA:Security as there wasn't any available at the time.

Wow, you are a certification exam taking machine. icon_surprised.gif
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've got several resources i'm using to prepare. My primary resource is the Sybex 70-270 Third edition. I also have the MCSE for dummies book (which is a little dated) and access to Mindleaders at work which offers CBT for 270 online.

Hopefully the use of all of these and the transcenders will ensure a pass in two weeks when I take it.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Transcender helped me a great deal in passing the 70-270. I failed it the first time by just using the test engine that came with the XP press book that I bought. The test engine was horrible. The questions were long, confusing and impractical. After failing I purchased the Transecender test engine and it was so much more closer to the actual exam.