Getting 85% on test exams, am i ready?

finkle636finkle636 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have just passed the Microsoft 70-270 (XP) exam a couple of weeks ago.

I am on chapter 10 of 17 of the Sybex A+ book and have been using "measure up" for the 2 practice tests A+ essentials and A+ Technician.

I'm averaging 85% on each as i have done each of them 3 times (although i've not gone through all the bank of available questions), i am able to get Friday off work to go and sit both exams on the same day.

Does this sound like i'm ready as long as i finish the Sybex book and complete all the questions on both measure up test banks?

I am eagre to get them done but i dont want to throw money away if i'm not ready.

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Skip the practice exams. If used, and I don't recommend them, they should only be used as a tool to assess your knowledge prior to beginning your studies and at the end to evaluate if you've grown your understanding of the topic.

Taking them more frequently only gets you used to the questions and memorizing answers and not understanding the material ..... what the goal should be.

Your first priority should be experience, how much do you have right now?
    Second, how well do you understand the objectives?
    Third, what materials are you using to prepare (in addition to the Sybex book), typically 2-3 books are encouraged depending on ones skillset. Mike Meyers and Sybex are the two best on the market.

You may wish to suppliment your studies with CBTNuggets or Trainsignal materials if you benefit from video study.

As far as should you take the exams this Friday? Hard to say, only you know that answer.

Good luck.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • finkle636finkle636 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just tried it and got 97 out of 100. Think i'll book both exams for Friday. These were a bit easier than the Measureup questions i found.
  • tnelson6429tnelson6429 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you!!!!! Just remember to breath icon_cool.gif

850/900 on the A+ Essentials
    854/900 on the A+ IT Technician

:D
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • SmoozeSmooze Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Nice scores!
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Congrats on the pass
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.