Options

Passed the exam today

BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
With a 705. I was half surprised that I passed because of a lot of the questions were not related to materials i studied or similiar to the practice exams I took. I was cursing the exam at times and was wondering where some of the questions were coming from. But I buckled down and got the job done thankfully

My study materials: I didnt buy one of those big N+ 500 page almanacs. All I used were the tech notes from this site, the test questions on this site, Transcender's study material/practice exams and some online practice exams (proprof.com)

Onto Cisco now: What should I go after next the CCNET or CCNA?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    toteman85toteman85 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations
  • Options
    denispokedenispoke Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    go for the CCNA as you will get less sims and questions. In each exam there are approx. 47 questions with 2 to 3 sims per exam for a total of 114 questions and 4 to six sims. So it would be wise to go with the one CCNA combo (640-802) exam.
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    BigLou wrote: »
    Onto Cisco now: What should I go after next the CCNET or CCNA?

Thanks

Congrats on the pass!

:)

As for Cisco, go for the CCENT. After that, the CCNA.

You can take both tests at once, but it's a lot more material to cover and then you don't get the CCENT to pad your resume.
  • Options
  • Options
    REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cograts on the pass! I had the same experience. I didn't think I had passed N+, based on the questions during the test. But, you can reason you're way through most of them if you have a good base of understanding. Well done! Good luck with Cisco. I'll be watching for that posting!
  • Options
    REID8968 wrote: »
    Cograts on the pass! I had the same experience. I didn't think I had passed N+, based on the questions during the test. But, you can reason you're way through most of them if you have a good base of understanding. Well done! Good luck with Cisco. I'll be watching for that posting!

Thanks Reid. I see that you are studying for the 270. I recommend transcender's test engine. Helped me pass it big time.
  • Options
    REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the Transcenders recommendation. I'm having a hard time getting my head back in study mode! Maybe that will get me motivated too!
  • Options
    DerekAustin26DerekAustin26 Member Posts: 275
    good job man! congrats!
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    congratulations..mate good work!
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! I find it calming to know that people are passing without reading the huge books. I am reading Meyers book, and I have an A.S. in Computer Networking and also 2 years of experience in it so hopefully it shouldnt be too hard to pass with having the book, technotes and practice tests.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework