Options

Security+ Bridge Exam br0-001

parrontto3parrontto3 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well.. after successfully taking the Security + exam back in December (820 thank you very much!) I'm now told that I'll need to take the bridge exam because of the updated Security + exam released this past January...

Has anyone else taken this Bridge exam or have any ideas what to study for? It would be easier (of course) at this point in time to just study for what I need to focus on for the bridge exam rather than the entire course material for the -201 course (mainly because I'm in the middle of studying for one of the MCSEs)

Comments

• Options
    tnelson6429tnelson6429 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Interesting...I had not heard of the bridge exam and I just took the Sec+ 2007 on Friday....anyone else????
    yeah, they're not very widely publicized. I found some info about it on CompTIA's site here - in general, it's got a lower pass score than the updated exam, so it might be a bit easier and it's only 50 questions/60 minutes long. The CompTIA site says that you have to be certified under the 2002 objectives to take the bridge exam, but I'm not sure that's correct.

There's also a bridge exam for Network+ to update to the 2009 objectives - again, shorter exam with an easier pass score.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have heard of the bridge exam for Security+, but I did not know the new Network+ was going to have that option also. I am suprised that you are required to renew your Sec+ even though you just took the exam at the end of 2008.
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    sthomas wrote: »
    I have heard of the bridge exam for Security+, but I did not know the new Network+ was going to have that option also. I am suprised that you are required to renew your Sec+ even though you just took the exam at the end of 2008.

Yea... new DOD rules... we have to take the bridge exam by July 2009 or else take the
    -201 course... and apparently will have to recert every 3 years... (at least am being told the -201 will be good for 3 years...)

I did find on the COMPTIA site an interview w/someone that mentioned the Security+ bridge will cover two additional domains: "Access Control" and "Risk & Assessment" but I seem to remember those being covered in -101 so I'm still confused. I may just find a book that covers -201 material & start refreshing... 50 questions can't hurt that bad given I just took the -101 back in December...

I used the TestOut videos to prep for the -101 and some of it just was stuff I already knew from experience..
  • Options
    parrontto3 wrote: »
    Yea... new DOD rules... we have to take the bridge exam by July 2009 or else take the
    -201 course... and apparently will have to recert every 3 years... (at least am being told the -201 will be good for 3 years...)

I did find on the COMPTIA site an interview w/someone that mentioned the Security+ bridge will cover two additional domains: "Access Control" and "Risk & Assessment" but I seem to remember those being covered in -101 so I'm still confused. I may just find a book that covers -201 material & start refreshing... 50 questions can't hurt that bad given I just took the -101 back in December...

I used the TestOut videos to prep for the -101 and some of it just was stuff I already knew from experience..

Well.. I broke down & took the Bridge exam in late May & passed... I used the Sybex book for the 201 test to refresh..the test had more questions on virtualization than I expected (given it's only a small piece of domain 1 (1.6) in the list from CompTIA) - wasn't even a full new domain (like domains 3 & 4).. I spent more time focusing on those two than on 1.6 and almost blew it.. (notice I said almost :))

Anyhow, looks like I'm set w/this for now... But if I'm still DOD I'll be back at it in 3 years <chuckle>