Options

Passed Security+ 850

ITBarbarianITBarbarian Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
On march 3 i passed the Security+ with 850. In my opinion was around average difficulty. Know your ports, Cryptographic methods and standards, attack types, and remote access technologies.

I know have my MCSE:Security! I thought i had to take another test for MCSE:Sec but i guess Comptia Security+ fufills the goal completely (lucky me)!

Im taking a month off to relax then i will study for Server+

Comments

• Options
    maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Congratulations on the pass... Im preparing to do the security+ exam v. 2008, im using transcender and sybex books...

What did you use to pass the exam?
    Which version of security+ did you do? 2008?
  • Options
    tnelson6429tnelson6429 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on a great score!!!! And the bonus of having Sec+ fulfill the req for your specialty.

Enjoy your time off!!!!!

BTW...I used Sybex book and this forum to pass my Sec+ last Fridayicon_study.gif
    Ho ha he

congrats on the pass and the mcse : s

but a very big question does the sybex book do the job . i read it once and found many post mentioing the poor quality so decided to jump on the syngress book.......

am i right........icon_confused.gif:
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    tnelson6429tnelson6429 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Ho ha he

congrats on the pass and the mcse : s

but a very big question does the sybex book do the job . i read it once and found many post mentioing the poor quality so decided to jump on the syngress book.......

am i right........icon_confused.gif:

only you will know what book is right for you....as long as you understand the materials. Sybex was far better than Exam Cram books for me as well as the tech notes in this forum.

good luck
    Congratz!
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□