Options

How to pass the CCNA first time?

Shaz444Shaz444 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a tutor who teaches me the course, and I have learned to subnet completely & do router configuration labs for all the protocols for the exams. There is so much to study in the CCENT/ICND1 & 2 that if I go through each chapter I will never finish. What are the main topics to cover for the CCNA exams to do it quickly? I will have to buy a previous CCNA exam just to see if I get over 85%. Any help appreciated?

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Shaz444 wrote: »
    I have a tutor who teaches me the course, and I have learned to subnet completely & do router configuration labs for all the protocols for the exams. There is so much to study in the CCENT/ICND1 & 2 that if I go through each chapter I will never finish. What are the main topics to cover for the CCNA exams to do it quickly? I will have to buy a previous CCNA exam just to see if I get over 85%. Any help appreciated?

Don't rush things, there is no prize for first place!
    Don't **** yourself.
    Use multiple legit sources of study material.
    here is good place to start
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/6434-ccna-faq-please-read-before-posting.html

Learn the material, and take the exam, and see where you stand. Cisco currently has a free retake option, so if you fail the exam the first time, you will know what you need to work on.

And you can always go the 2 exam route.

good luck....
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    miller811 wrote: »
    Don't rush things, there is no prize for first place!
    Don't **** yourself.
    Use multiple legit sources of study material.
    here is good place to start
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/6434-ccna-faq-please-read-before-posting.html

Learn the material, and take the exam, and see where you stand. Cisco currently has a free retake option, so if you fail the exam the first time, you will know what you need to work on.

And you can always go the 2 exam route.

good luck....

Sorry to digress for a moment, when does the second re-take expire?

For the OP: take the time and study it all. When you get into the work force and start telling folks you have a CCNA, a certain amount of knowledge is expected of you. If you can't perform then stand by.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The CCNA does cover a lot of material. However, it is clearly able to be done! I did it, and so have many others. Was it boring reading a couple books cover to cover? You bet it was! The labs were a lot of fun though!

I would never advise anyone to just read certain topics for any exam. If you only had one question on a topic that you didn't read, and you failed the exam by 1 question, I bet you would regret it. Besides, in the end you are only cheating yourself even if you do pass the exam.

Best of luck with your studies.
  • Options
    surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    Just a side note I think the 2nd Chance option has expired:
    Cisco Second Chance Promotion

Sorry to dish out the bad news.