Options

Another Lab Question

CiscoNewbCiscoNewb Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Got my lab this week. Got a 2620 12.2 ios 16mb flash and a 2621xm with 12.4 ios and 32mb flash and 128mb of ram.

Also got 2 x 2950 switches.

Is this any good and is it enough to do all I need for the CCNA?

I got a wic-1t in each router. What cable do I need for this. They sent me a cab-m21xt cable. How do I simulate a wan connection with this as only one end of the cable will interface with the wic-1t?

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

Comments

• Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    CiscoNewb wrote: »
    Hi All,

Got my lab this week. Got a 2620 12.2 ios 16mb flash and a 2621xm with 12.4 ios and 32mb flash and 128mb of ram.

I got a wic-1t in each router. What cable do I need for this. They sent me a cab-m21xt cable. How do I simulate a wan connection with this as only one end of the cable will interface with the wic-1t?

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

Cool lab. I think you have the wrong cable if it wont plug in anywhere. The WIC 1Ts take a 60 pin V.35 cable with a DCE side and a DTE side. It looks like this:

http://www.pccables.com/images/71005.jpg

I wouldnt expect one to cost more than $10 with shipping.
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Hi All,

Ian.

Your lab is off to a great start, but you really need another router and a router acting as a frame relay switch (I use 2521) or a 4 Port serial card for your 2620 or 2621.

And of course all the DCE/DTE serial cables to go with them.

Then you'll have a great lab for your CCNA
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)
  • Options
    CiscoNewbCiscoNewb Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info and advice all.

Please could you point me in the right direction for some lab material. I know cisco press had a lab companion guide to accompany my old ccna 1 and 2 network academy books. Do they do a lab companion for the new icnd 1 and 2 books?

Thanks again,

Ian.
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    Thanks for the info and advice all.

Please could you point me in the right direction for some lab material. I know cisco press had a lab companion guide to accompany my old ccna 1 and 2 network academy books. Do they do a lab companion for the new icnd 1 and 2 books?

Thanks again,

Ian.

CCNA Certification Exam Pass With My Ultimate CCNA Test Course has a good lab book.

If you have the official cert guide books you can do the labs in there (but no lab companion book available). CBTnuggetts have some good labs on there too.

Of course when get used to the IOS and the protocols you can create your own labs :)
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)