Options

Need help... please.

phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
Ok so I'm an idiot. There, I said it.

I upgraded my flash tonight and didn't think that it would be empty. Now I'm stuck in ROMMON mode and can't get an image uploaded.

I've tried using the set IP_ADDRESS series of commands so I can use tftpdnld but it doesn't take. Confreg 0x2101 doesn't work either.

Please... anyone?
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you can't use tftpdnld, welcome to the wonderful world of xmodem!

Xmodem Console Download Procedure Using ROMmon - Cisco Systems
  • Options
    I was afraid of that. 8hrs to go. lol. Dang it.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Not all devices support TFTP. What router/switch are you trying to use and what is the ROMMON version.
  • Options
    It's an 871w. When i tried copy t f t p flash I got a "t f t p: permission denied."
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    If you replaced the flash, did you format it first?

The 871W should support TFT P in ROMMON.
  • Options
    Yup and yup. Get permission denied. I also did an fsck.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What t f t p server are you using? Are you sure it's set to send and receive files?

Are you sure you gave it the correct file name? Some people have extensions turned off in view options and forget the .bin

It would help if you posted the terminal session showing what you typed and tried.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    It's resolved. I canceled the xmodem session 2 hrs in. Set confreg 0x2142 (for giggles) and this time around it took the IP_ADDRESS and other commands. I then uploaded the image and copied my config over. All seems well so far.

Thanks for the replies.