Options

Cisco First Attempt...

sherifsherifsherifsherif Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone. Amazing forum with amazing ppl as uswal. Well, it seems that its my first post but it's really not, the point is that i lost my old account and can't access it anymore... my lost account was Appatchi_Bio.

I was half way studying my CCNA when i heared that the exam price has changed recently, 250$ now? Is that really true? I was suppose to work on it as one shot exams seems it was cheaper than taking the 2 exams way, ICND1 & ICND2 wich i recall that each one cost 125$ if my memory didn't betray me and pls correct me if im wrong.

Now im quite a bit confused, if both ways are of equal cost now so why risk 250$ as long as i have 2 chances to risk 125$ a time? Sounds sane? In the same time, i feel that the pressure with only one exam would be better for me since i got all the materials, i feel!, that i need to understand but didn't work hard on it yet. This is the way i study, if anybody is interrested, i pass by the book each chapter a least once focusing to take a whole image at first, then i do final preparations.

Here is my study materials : (As I will demonstrate each one best side)

* McGraw Hill CCNA Study Guide (Perfect book for L2 Technology).
* Sybex CCNA 6Th Edition (Tod is really amazing on simplifying subnetting).
* CBTNuggets ( Jeremy and his coolness on explaining and removing the pressures, enough his sense of humor)

But sad enough, got NO LABS! Doing well with my Packet Tracer 5, 80% of the commands work but some serious commands also don't! For example, u can't use <copy flash tftp-ftp> or any.

I gave a shot to GNS3 but didnt liked it, first it tried to issue a lot of outbound connection, aside from the server socket it's always listening to, but when i deny those connections it hanged! I got also no Cisco support for OSI images.

Any advice will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The 2 test route is now equal in total cost to the 1 test route. The ICND1 and ICND2 are $125 per exam. I personally believe that because of this, it is better to take the 2 test approach.

Does it hurt more to fail an exam and pay another $250 to retake or pay another $125 to retake?

Does having the extra certification (CCENT) help you pass HR? It probably doesn't hurt anyway.

On the other hand, If you are comfortable with all the exam objectives and just want to get the CCNA as quickly as possible, then the 1 test route is the obvious way to go.
  • Options
    sherifsherifsherifsherif Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thx Megadeth, I really appreciate ur input. The point is that thx God I wasn't finding much difficulties for the CCNA, since i understood Subneting in full from the time I was studying for my Network+, it only just needs a lot of work and practice and troubleshooting, wish i can hold my horses on the exam...

But since having the CCENT is valuable beside CCNA, even it's covered on the CCNA, I'll take the 2 exams in the God will. Hope I can achieve this within a month in the God will coz im on a tight schedule. Thx again bro