Options

Email Confirmation after passing BSCI?

aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
Greetings all! I was wondering if anybody knows if there is supposed to be some kind of email verification or confirmation from Cisco that they acknowledge you have passed the BSCI. I passed the exam on Mar 14th, last Saturday, but the email I'm expecting from Cisco never came - unlike when I passed ICND1 and ICND2.

The Cisco Certification Tracking System does not show that I passed either. Are they not going to send me one until I complete the CCNP? I guess after all the grueling preparation for a monster of an exam, one can appreciate a little "congrats, way to go!" from Cisco. :)

It just seems a bit... unceremonious. LOL.
CCIE Wr: In Progress...
Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
Follow my study progress at Route My World!
My CCIE Thread

Comments

• Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I didn't get a confirmation email on either my ISCW or ONT, but they did eventually show up in the certification tracking system, along with setting me as "enrolled" in anything even remotely related. :) Don't worry...the lack of fanfare will just make the package with our new CCNP certificates that much sweeter!

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I believe they only send out an email when you complete a certification. At least that's how it worked for me.
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I'd be more worried if I *did* hear something from Cisco and I hadn't completed a cert. I just want them to accept my results and move on
  • Options
    cowood2676cowood2676 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a contact at Cisco...he told me that they are reviewing every test. In addition, they are adjusting and adding questions to the test. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, they've made it fairly public that they're beefing up security measures at the test sites to catch cheaters for things like having someone else take the exam for you. There was also a fairly large article in network world last year about how they're doing alot of forensic testing on the exams and that they've gotten pretty good at flagging folks who use brain **** to go and pass the test. I applaud the steps they've taken to protect the value of the certification, but the possibility of getting flagged with a false positive is just annoying as hell.
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    Thanks guys! I should've paid more attention to the Cisco Cert Tracking page. No, it didn't specifically list that exam I just passed, but it did show that my CCENT, CCNA expiration was updated to expire 3 years from the date I passed my BSCI exam.

As far as the security measures that Forsaken_GA mentioned, I was totally expecting to get fingerprinted and photo'ed after the test. But they never did. I guess only select centers do that.
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I should've paid more attention to the Cisco Cert Tracking page. No, it didn't specifically list that exam I just passed, but it did show that my CCENT, CCNA expiration was updated to expire 3 years from the date I passed my BSCI exam.

Yeah, you're fine then, that means they accepted your results as valid. There's usually a delay of a few days between passing and it being reflected in the cert tracker.
    As far as the security measures that Forsaken_GA mentioned, I was totally expecting to get fingerprinted and photo'ed after the test. But they never did. I guess only select centers do that.

Yeah, my testing center doesn't do anything beyond checking two forms of ID (and it's fun to see the raised eyebrow when your second form of ID is your firearms license...). They were adamant about making sure I took nothing in with me, though. Had to take my hat and watch out to the car after I checked in. The way the lady was eyeballing me, I half expected to be asked to leave my glasses behind as well.

I'm more concerned with the testing forensics. I'm not real happy that because of the rampant cheating, even honest folks are looked at like they could be cheaters. I understand it's a necessary step to secure the value of the certifications, but I still find it insulting.
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I've had my picture taken and had to provide a digital signature at my testing site for months...it's kind of embarassing since the way they do the picture is to have you sit in a chair in the waiting area and then they put 3 sides of a big, white posterboard cube around you. Even better is that this is on a junior college campus and usually about half the people there are taking CLEP or GED exams. Ugh...

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    cowood2676cowood2676 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was also told that there would be an additional 70 questions for the CCNA that would be phased in over 3 months starting in January. And that there would be an additional certification on the pearson website when you register for the test, basically telling them again that you have not used **** during your prep.:)