I passed CCNA Wireless!

Fish!Fish! Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed.

Wow, that was a REALLY hard exam. I think the difficulty is exacerbated by the fact that there is minimal study material available for this exam apart from the Cisco Press book right now.

This exam can be conquered. It just takes a serious amount of effort.

I just took two aspirin, I feel like my head is going to explode.

I have been studying for this exam just about non-stop since 7 March. I probably have 150 hours in studying over the last two weeks. My kids haven't seen too much of me lately. It has been a slow couple of weeks at work, which helped tremendously, though I did do a big Pix upgrade from 6.3 to 7 for a client a few nights ago.

Even with all the studying, I drew extensively from experience. I have done wireless security training in the past, so my knowledge of WPA, WPA2, EAP types, handshakes, and whatnot were CRITICAL to success here.

Hands on is VITAL. If my WLC2106 had not arrived yesterday I don't think I would have made it. It had been too long since I worked with a controller, and updated firmware is important. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, I was labbing furiously.

Let my headache die down and if anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer within the confines of the NDA.

-Fish

Comments

• btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and thanks for the info!
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Jolly good mate! icon_thumright.gif
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    btowntech wrote: »
    Congrats and thanks for the info!

Congrats and thanks for all the fish!
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Congrats on the pass. I have started to study for this exam and have a couple of customers who will be needing me to install a few wireless controllers.