Options

Cdp

surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
Hi,

I have just done a test question on CDP and got it wrong.
It was a select 4 of the above question and I got one bit wrong, IPX.

What is IPX, is this just the old Novell routing protocol? Or does this mean something else. I feel like im missing this and have read the ICND1 cisco training manual and cant remember anything about it.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

Comments

• Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    What is IPX, is this just the old Novell routing protocol? Or does this mean something else. I feel like im missing this and have read the ICND1 cisco training manual and cant remember anything about it.

Yes, IPX is the old Netware protocol. I wouldn't expect to hear much about it in ICND1...it has basically nothing to do with anything important (sorry CNA's :) !!).
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    ... Has nothing to do with Cisco Discovery Protocol!
  • Options
    surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    my thoughts exactly, but it came up on an ICND1 practice question that I did which is what threw me.

I dont remember reading anything about it in the cisco manuals when in the CDP chapter so I think I will cast that bit of information to the back of my memory banks for now. I wont forget it altogether just in case.
  • Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    IPX was touched on briefly in Odom's ICND1 book, but as long as you know it is an older Netware protocol I wouldnt devote too much brainpower to it.

Drew