Options

100% On Transcender Practise Questions

The Manassa MaulerThe Manassa Mauler Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I have been taking the practice questions using Transcender and I have been scoring 100% on them. I will be taking the 70-270 test on Tuesday and this is the first time that I have taken a MS Test. Do you think that I will have any problems come test day?

Thanks
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Comments

• Options
    goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I have found Transcender's questions to be tougher than the actual test questions. If you can get 100% on Transcender you should do well. The only danger I can see if if you have taken the Transcender questions so many times you have actually unintentionally memorized them. The actual questions may be similar but they will not be the same. That said, if you are confident that you understand the concepts behind the transcender questions and are getting those scores, I think you will be fine.

Good Luck!
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Options
    dsilenzidsilenzi Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Depending on your background (actual experince working with the stuff) And test taking skills unless they're GREAT using just Trancender alone will not work. I Just came back from the exam "no go"! Reading the explanations over and over again in Transcender will help but again thats my opinion. Too many questions not addressed on the Transcender and Technotes! Trying figure another study option besides a 500 + page MS Pressbook???
    Its a very tough exam according to what hear!
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    dsilenzi wrote: »
    Depending on your background (actual experince working with the stuff) And test taking skills unless they're GREAT using just Trancender alone will not work. I Just came back from the exam "no go"! Reading the explanations over and over again in Transcender will help but again thats my opinion. Too many questions not addressed on the Transcender and Technotes! Trying figure another study option besides a 500 + page MS Pressbook???
    Its a very tough exam according to what hear!

I used the MS Press Book, sybex book and exam cram along with the additional technotes from this site. I took it recently for the second time and ease through it. You have to apply yourself mentally for this test. I highly recommend you work on your weak points which is what I did when taking the 2nd shot.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Hello,
    I have been taking the practice questions using Transcender and I have been scoring 100% on them. I will be taking the 70-270 test on Tuesday and this is the first time that I have taken a MS Test. Do you think that I will have any problems come test day?

Thanks

Well, IMO, the Transcender questions are harder than the real thing. Using Transcender to judge if you're prepared or not can be good or bad. If you've taken the Transcender practice tests a few times, and score 100%, then you are definitely ready. If you've taken Transcender tests like a hundred times, you still might be ready, but also there's a chance that you just memorized the answers after taking so many tests.

My guess is that you're ready for the test and that you're going to get a pretty good score icon_smile.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Hello,

Thanks
    like goforthbmerry said, that really depends on how many times you've run through those same questions...are you finding yourself picking answers before even reading through the whole question? If that's the case, then you've overused the questions & probably have a good chunk of them memorized...and if you want to use practice questions to gauge your readiness, then you'll have to find a new pool of practice questions that are new to you.

I find it unlikely that you've memorized all the practice questions, so in all likelihood you ARE ready but I've seen people fall into that trap so I just wanted to mention it to you.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    When I read a comment on MS Pressbook one said it missed stuff that was on the exam, I got sic. If I am gonna read a 500+ pg book U would think everything would be their?Transender missed stuff as well. I ran into about a doz questions that were not on either Tech or Transc.. I am not working so study time is aplenty, and I have 3 yrs desktop and MCSE NT experince.
  • Options
    BigLouBigLou Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Most feel transcender is harder than the actual exam, I felt it was just about the same. The questions in transcender and worded very much like the actual exam and the content of questions are similiar. They are not exactly the same but they'll help you tie things together.

If you understand the material and just didnt memorize the answers to the practice tests you were taking you should be fine.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    100% is amazing for those tests. I worry you might have memorized them. But you realy drove home the items you missed as you studied you'll certainly do great.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    Certainly if you read and reread Transcnder Explanations will help alot if U don't understand the material, thats what I do. Unfortunately no mat on bluetooth, boot, and some network q's were on the test, not much U can do at that point. My test no RIS at all, would help me put me over the "top" . Anywho the typically amer. corp. greed game again here.