Options

Here we go! sy0-101

subbysubby Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I've decided I need to quit slacking off and educate myself more while also improving my resume. I finished my B.S. in IT last March and since then taken the network+, but thanks to a round of lay-offs at work I decided to get back in gear and decided that security+ would be a good next cert to have (work on DOD networks so its good to have).

I've finished the examcram book and I'm almost done with LearnKey's All-In-One Security+ book. Both of which I've been reading simultaneously the last 2 or 3 weeks. I feel like I'm retaining the info well and decided to take the test this Friday (March 27). I found some virtual test software online and took a couple tests last night and scored 89% and 92% and also did well on the measureUp questions that came with the examcram book and have yet to take the learnkey practice test.

So before Friday I will finish the all-in-one book and practice test, read through all the notes here on techexams and take any more practice tests I can find, and spend a decent about of time in prayer.

Well thanks for listening and the inevitable "welcome to the forums and good luck" and any additional advice you may have for me. I will keep you posted!

Comments

• Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Good luck icon_thumright.gif
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck for you i am planning to take my Sec+ soon jus goin thru ch 5 ( web security, java scipt,active x)syngress book and i am half sleep already..

moreover i dont have any CBT or at the minute can afford to buy any.. wat do u ppl say i am safe with the book and some cram sheets ...........

or is it a must to breeze thru the CBT's
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    lghzflghzf Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Good luck for you i am planning to take my Sec+ soon jus goin thru ch 5 ( web security, java scipt,active x)syngress book and i am half sleep already..

moreover i dont have any CBT or at the minute can afford to buy any.. wat do u ppl say i am safe with the book and some cram sheets ...........

or is it a must to breeze thru the CBT's

Hi,if you don't have any CBT things,thats not a big problem.I just read the sybex book carefully two times and did more than 2000 questions.then I passed it easily!
  • Options
    wbengtsonwbengtson Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Good luck I am also taking the Security Plus 3/27/09.
    Read the Sygress book and have been taking the Prep logic exams I have been scoring around 835 also been reading the CISSP book
  • Options
    lghzf wrote: »
    Hi,if you don't have any CBT things,thats not a big problem.I just read the sybex book carefully two times and did more than 2000 questions.then I passed it easily!

2000 questions! damn I do 3 practice tests averaging 400 questions in total and I can't take it no more even if I'm not doing very well on the tests icon_lol.gif, no patience from me.

But I do have the sybex book which as been a good read so far *chapter 3* and after that I'm off to completing its questions and practice exams.

I should be ready for this either April 4 or 11.

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    Finished the All-in-one book off yesterday, great book the practice test it came with only had like 60 questions tho.

So anyways I took it today and passed it! After about 20 questions I knew I'd do well because none of the questions were shocking and I covered them all in my studies. Got an 870. :)

I'm glad to have the cert and I'm even more glad that I have much more knowledge about network security issues than I did before I started studying.

I'll take a week off and then go for ICND 1
  • Options
    Great score man icon_cheers.gif congratulations.

I wish I do that good.

Did you found the questions to be more about definitions of technologies or troubleshooting with them?

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    I guess it was mostly definition type questions with some troubleshooting types.