Options

Passed 70-284

kentwindhamkentwindham Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
If your first question is, why that old test? Well, I've been studying for this for a while and didn't want to jump to 2007. I failed this exam several months ago and decided to give it another whirl on Friday afternoon and I got by it. This completes my MCSA and the good people I work for have given me a bump in pay for this!!! I'm very relieved, but now have to move on to the next exam.

Thanks for all the help and support!

Comments

• Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Way to go! I was actually seriously considering studying for this test just to have the knowledge. I don't think I would actually take a test for it but it's certainly good info to have.

Congrats!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    genXrcist wrote: »
    Way to go! I was actually seriously considering studying for this test just to have the knowledge. I don't think I would actually take a test for it but it's certainly good info to have.

Congrats!

The exam is easier than actually learning Exchange. icon_thumright.gif

Anyway, congrats!
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Congratulations. What's your next?
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Options
    rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    HeroPsycho wrote: »

Anyway, congrats!
    This is true, in your place I would not interpret this statement like if the examination for the 70-284 was easy, though.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    HeroPsycho wrote: »

Anyway, congrats!

I've heard that being a mailman is tough. Everything you support is on the front line so when anything breaks it's VERY visible. Lot of stress!!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    rjbarlow wrote: »
    This is true, in your place I would not interpret this statement like if the examination for the 70-284 was easy, though.

It's not easy, but I would argue it should be more difficult than the exam was at least when I took it, which was back in 2005.

Being an Exchange admin I wouldn't necessarily say it's tougher or more stressful than other admins. If you deploy a solid mail system, just like any other system, you're fine.
    Good luck to all!