Options

I'm taking my Network+ test

PedroggPedrogg Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I taking my Network+ test next Tuesday 3/31. I study from the questions on this website, from the Exam Cram 2 Network+ Practice questions, and from the questions Free CompTIA Network+ Study Resources Hopefully I will pass.

Any Tips?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    Read the TechNotes from here which cover more topics than some simple example quizes. icon_study.gif
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • Options
    PedroggPedrogg Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied the technotes also.
  • Options
    REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Technotes are really important. Stay calm, mark questions you don't know, and come back to them. Use all your time available for the test to review your answers
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    REID8968 wrote: »
    Technotes are really important. Stay calm, mark questions you don't know, and come back to them. Use all your time available for the test to review your answers
    Yup, dead on. Take your time and don't panic & just mark what you don't know and come back to it later. I was a little nervous at first during my exam...the first 10-15 questions were hard and some were obscure, and I just had to keep my cool and mark them and come back to them later. When I went through the rest of the exam, I came back around to the ones I had marked at the beginning and just systematically worked through them.

One thing I did that really helped me calm down a bit was to make an index card of the info that I wanted to jot down once I got into the exam. Granted, you can't take it inside the exam room with you, but you can review it right up until you walk in there. I wrote out my card the day before and included port numbers & binary values & number of bits in this or that & some other stuff. I took my last looks at it in the car before I went into the building to take my exam, and then when I got into the exam room, I wrote out my notes before I started the exam. (You don't have to press START right away and you can take some time beforehand to jot down notes on the paper or dry erase boards they give you.) I didn't use them too much, but they were my "safety blanket" and make me feel a bit more comfortable.

Oh, and get a good night's sleep and eat something before you go for your test - don't stuff yourself, but make sure you eat so that your brain has some fuel and so that you're not distracted by hunger pangs mid-test!

Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion