ccna score basic question

daniel2009daniel2009 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Im following ccna (version 4) in my school and wondering what the "weighted percentage" is? Are this points I already have?

Also at what score do you pass, i heard various things now..55% 65% 70%

Comments

• phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Are you taling about the CCNA exam? If so I believe the minimum score is an 820/1000 (82%).
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Weighted percentage means that each question carries a weight based on how easy or hard it is. This means you can miss a handful of smaller questions or maybe just a big simulator before you fail.

Cisco exams are generally 40-70 questions totalling up to 1000 points. I think need to get about 780-800 to pass (is that right?).
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    The passing scores change by exam so someones passing score for their exam may not be the same as yours.

Also, the scale is 300 to 1000 so if you needed 820 it is not exactly 82% needed to pass.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    daniel2009,
    daniel2009 wrote: »
    Im following ccna (version 4) in my school and wondering what the "weighted percentage" is?

First, your Binary Score is based on "correct" and "incorrect" grading for that question. For example, a Multiple Choice Single Answer question you answered A but the correct answer is C. So from a binary standpoint, you got that question wrong. Also, for a Multiple Choice Multiple Answer question, if asked (Choose two), you choose A & C but the correct answer is B & D, then you also get that question marked incorrect.

The purpose of the Weighted Score is to try to provide some kind of "partial credit" system. So let's say there's a Multiple Choice Multiple Answer question like:
    Question: Which of the following are OSI model layers (Choose 3)?
    1. Physical
    2. Physics
    3. Chemistry
    4. Data Link
    5. Date a link
    6. Network
    If say you chose 1 and 4, your Binary score would be 0 because you didn't choose 3 as instructed but from a Weighted perspective, you'll earn partial credit for naming at least 2 out of 3 OSI model layers. There's also Weighted scoring associated with Multiple Choice Single Answer questions but that's up to how "nice" the question writer decides which choices are worth "partial credits."
    Are this points I already have?

As mentioned above, your Weighted Score is based on your Binary Score + "partial credit."
    Also at what score do you pass, i heard various things now..55% 65% 70%

For the Cisco Networking Academy, the "pass score" is decided by your instructor of how many final grade points/percentage the Cisco Networking Academy Exams are worth. Usually this should be outlined to you in your course syllabus with your school.