Options

so very confused...

sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
Alright heres the deal. I have been studying for the network+ exam since May 1, 2004. I bought "Network+ Training Guide" by Drew Bird and Mike Harwood (ISBN 0-7897-2830-3, check it on amazon) and read it front to back TWICE. I know the book inside and out. It comes with 20 questions after each chapter (they're rediculously easy though). It also comes with a 72 question practice exam at the back. I took it this morning and got 69/72 (also easy).

Then theres the Prep Logic demo software it comes with....

It offers 72 questions as well. I took this and found if to be a lot more challenging then the questions in the book. I got a mere 53/72 (=73.6%). I attribute the low score to two things: First, there was material on the prep logic exam that was NOT covered in the book and I had no idea what the right answer was. Second, I would get, say, 2 of the 3 answers for a question and it would therefore be counted as incorrect. (I've been told the real exam tells you how many answers to select. Anyone confirm this?).

Anyways, my point to this rant is what should I do now? Reading the book isn't going to help me cuse I know everything in it. I understand the concepts. I memorized every little fact. Should I be worried or is this prep logic exam more difficult than the real thing? (I've read the reviews on amazon and they say, for the most part, I should be ready for it)

Oh yeah, I also took the tests on this site and scored perfect or nearly perfect on all of them and read the technotes.

IM LOSING MY MIND! What else is there to do!?!?
Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Pass the test! That's all you've got left. If you're that confident(which you should be), go for it.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    IMuaTechIMuaTech Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would get, say, 2 of the 3 answers for a question and it would therefore be counted as incorrect. (I've been told the real exam tells you how many answers to select. Anyone confirm this?).

If the Network+ exam is given like the A+ exam, the question will tell you how many answers you should select from the multiple choice. I've used the PrepLogic for my A+ study and I think the point of them not telling you how much to choose is to get to to recognize all possible answers, because some of the questions I got in my A+ exam said to choose 2 when there were either 3 or more correct choices. The point was to choose the "most correct" answers.

You should also download the objectives from comptia and see if you can define/answer all the objectives listed without looking at your book, then check your answers using your book and google. If you can easily identify each objective then take the test.

-IMT
  • Options
    Kerry_20Kerry_20 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go ahead and take the test. Sounds to me like your ready!!!

--Kerry icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    STexamsSTexams Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's time to go do it man...you're showing all the signs of being ready. Self doubt is the worst part of taking exams. You will do just fine on the real thing. Good luck!
    Freddy
    Free Online Exams and Tutorials
    http://www.stexams.com