Options

I did battle with the beast today...

aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
O Frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

Wasn't too bad. Was very straight forward. I felt like I was doing great until I hit a bunch of WSUS questions, and I just plain didn't know the material. Did not live up to its reputation. Learning the material was more intense than being tested on it.

Glad it's behind me. MCSA now. Sweeeet.
You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

Onto 293 now?
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Congratulations, regardless of the difficulty of the exam this one does feel great to get out of the way doesn't it :D
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Congrats! I hope to post a pass tomorrow as well.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Yes, it's a relief to get this one behind me.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do next. I'm a little confused about the MCITP certs. Not sure how they coincide with MCSA/MCSE

I want to get updated to server 2008 asap, but I also need to get a job bad, so I need to focus more on that right now, which makes me think I should go for the 70-620 for right now.

I dunno..
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    70-620 is a pretty safe bet as a next step. It will work as an elective, but it will also count for MCITP:EA as well.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Hey Congratulations!!! icon_cheers.gif

I knew you could it Aqua! Since you passed AND it's Friday, you should celebrate big time. It's not everyday that you become MCSA :D
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Thanks guys! :)

Yeah, I think I'm gonna work on 70-620 next. 291 consumed me and I REALLY need to look hard at finding a job, so something nice and light while I do that. Plus I need a break from all that DNS stuff!

I gotta say, the test out material for 290 really helped.

Good luck tomorrow, rfult.
  • Options
    tmpruesstmpruess Member Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What TestOut 70-290 material was helpful to you that wasn't in the TestOut 70-291 material?
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    aquageek wrote: »
    Thanks guys! :)

Yeah, I think I'm gonna work on 70-620 next. 291 consumed me and I REALLY need to look hard at finding a job, so something nice and light while I do that. Plus I need a break from all that DNS stuff!

I gotta say, the test out material for 290 really helped.

Good luck tomorrow, rfult.

WAY TO GO! Well done Aqua, I knew you were gonna pass. Nice to get it done on a Friday so you can relax this weekend huh? For a change of pace why not get the Sec+ to earn your MCSA: Security and get an elective for MCSE out of the way?

I'm going to be brushing up all weekend so no rest for this weary soul. CONGRATULATIONS one more time! :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Oh, anything on the Security Template stuff? Did you see 70-290 material?
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    genXrcist wrote: »
    WAY TO GO! Well done Aqua, I knew you were gonna pass. Nice to get it done on a Friday so you can relax this weekend huh? For a change of pace why not get the Sec+ to earn your MCSA: Security and get an elective for MCSE out of the way?

I'm going to be brushing up all weekend so no rest for this weary soul. CONGRATULATIONS one more time! :)

Ffffffffffffffffffffanks!

I do intend on doing Sec+ even though security is probably my weakest area lol But I think for right now the studying required would be too intense.

Good luck with your studying. You'll be fine. It's not scary.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Congrats on the pass!!!!!!! I know you have said that you are looking at a job first and studying less due to the circumstances, but if you have testout material there is a lot of overlap on the 293. I am watching some vids from the 293 testout and there are a lot of them that are taken from the 291 section I think that would be your best bet for now.

Just my 2 cents.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats great man, way to go
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    Congrats!

Im actually glad to hear there is a decent amount of WSUS covered, because ive worked quite a bit with it.