Options

Foiled again!

rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
Well, at least I used the Second Shot this time around. Did better than the first attempt., but still not good enough. I wish I had more time to dedicate to studying, but I'll have to continue to make due with what I have. Third times a charm, right?

Comments

• Options
    itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dude I know what you mean about how much time you have..I am busy myself.
    But thank God you are done with your BS...once I am done.it is nothing but lab and certs till I puke!;)_
  • Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Bummer dude, that sucks.

What were your weakest areas?
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    Funny thing about that...

First, there was water on the floor in the testing room, no clue where it came from, so they closed the lab. We went down to the testing systems in the main office and the printer was broken. So the test admin is going to email me the report on Monday. I am thinking it might still be DNS, but a good chunk of my test was RRAS...so I can't really say.

I am going to get together with a friend of mine (who HAPPENS icon_rolleyes.gif to be a trainer at this school) and figure out what my weaknesses are so I can kill this thing when I take it again at the end of April. Still, I think my biggest issue is time management... ;)
  • Options
    motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Sorry to hear about the fail. At least the printout will show you where you improved and still weak in. Don't give up!
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Don't feel bad about this. The 291 is a very hard test! I am wondering if you use a book and set up a network to study with. Both of those are essential to passing this exam. If not, you should definitely try both of these methods.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    MSPress, CBT Nuggets, VMWare lab (2 DCs, 2 Clients). After being drilled by my friend, I know the material. I think I am just going through the questions to quickly or getting the material confused with what I am doing at school (which is NOT the Microsoft way of doing things). I am going to do some more labs and drill down on some concepts. I am also going try and make better use of my test time on my next attempt.
  • Options
    jb82jb82 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi. Sorry to hear about your 291 woes. I know the feeling, but trust me, third time lucky is no BS. It's true..... Anyway, what percentage of your tests would you say were RRAS based? How much WSUS and what version of WSUS? I'd like to know because Im sitting for 291 for the first time on thursday.

Thanks.....
  • Options
    I couldn't say exactly b/c questions are randomly assigned from test back for every test. I will say I have seen a fair number regarding WSUS and RRAS, and you should be familiar with all the concepts tested.
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am sorry for that, but I am very sure after you pass this exam you will master all the topics that you will manage the infrastrcuture very easy, this is going to be your strong area.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about that. You'll slay the beast next time around!
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!