Options

Can you upgrade MCDST with 70-620?

slideoffslideoff Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
I currently have my MCDST certification and would like to upgrade it to Enterprise Support Technician. I have one of those free dreamspark vouchers that I would like to use, but it will not let me use it for 70-621. By taking 70-620, will it upgrade my MCDST as well?
"Jeez louise, I can't wait to get my MCSE and quit this job." - Nick Burns

Comments

• Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    No, it will not.

You might want to call prometric (if you havnt already) and see if they can make that code apply for you.
  • Options
    f3z81f3z81 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    slideoff wrote: »
    I currently have my MCDST certification and would like to upgrade it to Enterprise Support Technician. I have one of those free dreamspark vouchers that I would like to use, but it will not let me use it for 70-621. By taking 70-620, will it upgrade my MCDST as well?

I recently took advantage of the dreamspark voucher for the 620, I vaguely remember it saying that the poit of it was to help you get a start on your certification path. I currently have a few MCP's but the 620 was a new path so it worked ok.

Because the 621 is a upgrade cert for your MCDST so I dont think it will work at all.
    2011:

CCNA April / May (Hopefully)

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

Then Rest! :thumbup:
  • Options
    MrReignMrReign Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Upgrade path for a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
    In recognition of existing expertise, Microsoft Learning offers an MCDST the opportunity to upgrade to MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician by passing the upgrade exam shown in the following table.
    Upgrade exam for an MCDST
    Exam 70-621
    Review the preparation guide for Exam 70-621: PRO: Upgrading Your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support