Options

70-620: How much detail do you need to know..

anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All.

Long time sys admin going to be taking the 70-620 this Thursday at 12.30pm, time i got some paper to back up my experience. Also just to say it's a great forum... one of the better ones i have come across.

Anyway does anyone find it a bit difficult to know what you need to learn, for example in the Security Section for IE7+ is it really necessay to learn all the security levels for each settings i.e. that for Cookies, Security Zones etc. Or for Windows Defender there is an insane amount of fields and settings to learn, or the transfer rates required for a memory card to be Readyboost compatible.. I have taken the approch to learn it if it's listed but it quite an amount. Any tips to shaving down the amount to learn or do your need to know every option etc...
Passed: MCTS: Vista, MCITP:EST, SAP Earlywatch (ABAP Performance Analysis in Netweaver 2005), CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice
Next: MCITP:SA (70-640)
Studying: BSC (Honours) in IS/IT Managment.

Comments

• Options
    amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    I only found Parental Controls harder to study as my version of Vista didn't have them. If I remember the 620 well it was full of sims asking you to do very basic stuff, so don't sweat the level of detail too much. Plus, MS still has Second Shot, so no reason not to take the test once just to see how it is, my bet is you'll pass it on first try. It's really the easiest MS test I've taken.
  • Options
    JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    An MCT doing an official MS overview for this test during a webcast emphasized that the test covers "breadth" and not "depth"

Know information about every single topic, but you dont need to learn every little detail about a few topics and not learn others. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    anfearranfearr Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replys, in the end i took the approch to learn every setting, combined that with the fact that i only managed to learn 6 chapters and read the other 8 "I PASSED" yesterday with an 871. But one or two questions did come up that i would say were not in the book and amazingly my worse area was Vista Installation.. Something i have done 20 times plus.

I have already order the 70-622 Microsoft Press book from Amazon and once that arrives will be booking the exam.
    Passed: MCTS: Vista, MCITP:EST, SAP Earlywatch (ABAP Performance Analysis in Netweaver 2005), CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Voice
    Next: MCITP:SA (70-640)
    Studying: BSC (Honours) in IS/IT Managment.