Options

According to Microsoft, I am now MCSE!? I am not too sure! Should I argue?

steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
I posted a couple of weeks ago that I was taking my 70-298. I took this on Monday morning and I passed. It was one of the easiest exams I have taken recently. I scored 973/1000 which I am dead happy about and I think I knew where I went wrong on one at least.

I was now planning on the next one to take as an Elective, however much to my surprise I received an email from MS this morning:
Congratulations on becoming a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer!

By earning a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification, you have made a valuable investment in your future.

We hope you enjoy the benefits of membership in the Microsoft Certified Professional community, and we look forward to helping you succeed as a Microsoft Certified Professional.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you have any questions, please contact your Microsoft Regional Education Service Centers, which can be found at Microsoft Learning - Microsoft Certification, Instructor-led Training, E-Learning & Online Computer Training, or visit the Microsoft Certified Professional page login for the latest program and certification information.

Thank you,
The Microsoft Certified Professional Team

==========================================
I have taken the following 7 exams so far:

A+, Network+, 70-270, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298

Now my work place think I am MCSE. I have ordered my MCSE Welcome Kit, got my logos, but am sure I read somewhere else that someone had the same thing happen to them and it was a mistake. Surely Microsoft shouldn't get something like this wrong? Surely I shouldn't second guess Microsoft? This is a huge thing for me, I have been working towards this for years!

I think Microsoft may have my Network+ confused with the required Security+. I am kicking myself now because rather than N+ I wish I had taken S+ all that time ago! But then again Microsoft may have changed the goal posts? Is it because I have gotten high scores?

Should I do anything?

Either way I would like to point out that I am going to either take SQL 2005 or ISA Server 2006 hopefully within the next two months max. Either elective was going to complete my 'E'. I am tempted to keep shhhhtum until I have taken my next exam....! Which if it was incorrect, it would have been rectified by then anyway...

Steve
A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry:

Comments

• Options
    StoticStotic Member Posts: 248
    Isn't the requirement N+, A+ or Sec+
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    "For ours is not to question why". . . especially if you're going to take another exam that would have gotten you MCSE anyway. The A+/Network+ combo should only work for MCSA, not MCSE, but who are we to argue with the biggest corporation in the world? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    f3z81f3z81 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is possible that Microsoft have changed there third-party credentials for MCSE, as the site is dated 15 Nov 2006 (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx)

Its also possible there has been a mistake on applying the CompTIA certs, personally if you are planning on doing the ISA or the SQL certs soon, I would just let Microsoft sort out there own mistakes, as you will be fully legit soon enough.

I am sure some people would disagree, but it is what I would personally do.

I am also doing the SQL Server 2005 cert (70-431), I'm learning it from scrath as its have been years since i have done any database stuff, and even at that it was was only a one off subject in my second year at uni.

Best of luck with yours when it comes.
    2011:

CCNA April / May (Hopefully)

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

Then Rest! :thumbup: