Management III
CISSP
GSLC
CISM

Comments

• Options
    KoolTrixKoolTrix Banned Posts: 130
    already having my A+ Net+ Sec+
    I think it would be smart on my behalf, after I get my MCSE/MCSE:S, to go for the SSCP, SCNP

maybe this will help me obtain government employer's DoD Contractor's attention?
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Oh man. I had the privilege/task of bringing a government subcontractor to 8570.1 compliance. THAT was a task. I DID get to play with some nifty tools that I'm not sure most people get to play with.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh man. I had the privilege/task of bringing a government subcontractor to 8570.1 compliance. THAT was a task. I DID get to play with some nifty tools that I'm not sure most people get to play with.

8570.1 is Establishes policy and assigns responsibilities for Department of Defense (DoD) Information Assurance (IA) training, certification, and workforce management.

How did you "bring" them into compliance? Are you a trainer? What "tools" did you use?
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    KoolTrix wrote: »
    already having my A+ Net+ Sec+
    I think it would be smart on my behalf, after I get my MCSE/MCSE:S, to go for the SSCP, SCNP

maybe this will help me obtain government employer's DoD Contractor's attention?

Part of 8570.1 stipulates training and certification in your CE (Computing Environment), so yes, this could be Microsoft products. Or Cisco (CCNA/CCNP) It all depends on what responsibilities you have.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ok. The company I worked for may have been using incorrect terminology. Basically I had to go through all of this stuff as the network admin, and then some:

Security Technical Implementation Guides