Options

got the examine in 24 hours

choice_brochoice_bro Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
hey

well after locking myself away from humanity I am attempting this. I am starting to confuse myself with brain overload icon_study.gif

I'll let you how I go but thanks to everyone for the tips and the links ...

1 quick question, I had done my 70-290 in May 2006, is this still current? I am working towards my MCSA and wondering if I need to resit this ?

thanks again

Craig

Comments

• Options
    f3z81f3z81 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeh its still current - no re-sit required! Some of the MS exam do retire, like some of the windows 2000 exams, but the cert its slef does not.

It will be some time yet before the Server 2003 certs even retire, and and even at that they will still be vailid for those who already have them, the only diffrence is that you will no longer be able to sit that exam.

hope that helps,

Best of luck with the exam

I see you have the ITIL, is it the V2 or V3, Im thinking of sitting it some time this year via slef study, can i ask how you found the exam, I belive its around 1 hour?
    2011:

CCNA April / May (Hopefully)

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

Then Rest! :thumbup:
  • Options
    f3z81 wrote: »

I see you have the ITIL, is it the V2 or V3, Im thinking of sitting it some time this year via slef study, can i ask how you found the exam, I belive its around 1 hour?

v2 i done but you may as well do version 3. ITIL gets confusing, not hard they just try and trick you with the wording ... its like that simpson ep when Ned Flanders gives Bart a knife at scout camp and the instruction booklet "Don’t Do What Johnny Don’t Does" .. ahrhrh I think 1.5 you have for it but everyone did it in about 30 mins
  • Options
    Yeh it will be the V3 I do, hopefully, I have been given the CBT Nuggets Vids, by a guy I used to work with. I have a few more MS exams to get out the road first, mainly the 620 and the 431, both of which I need to sit before the 30th of June. Should hopefully manage it as I have done one MCP every month since Dec 08 to gain my MCSA:M

Will not be long now until u sit your exam, I'm sure you will be fine, I personally found it easier/more straight forward than the 290, which I wasn't expecting.
    2011:

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

• Options
    hey

Well fresh from doing it and I passed it

1 sim (that you should be able to do on DNS)
    couple wsus
    couple IIS
    DNS, DNS, DNS
    DHCP
    and some monitoring tools and least rights etc

now time to plan for the 70-293.. might book it for 2 weeks time to force myself to keep studying.

thanks for all the tips in this forum again !!!!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, congrats!
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Way to go! The Perfect score!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    thanks again.

One thing was weird. When I started the examine they asked me 7 questions about how I felt my strengths were in each area (each main area examine). I place Moderate for each.

Also a big tip, press the start button.. write down for 5 mins what ever is running through your brain, do not look at the questions.. get all your IP binary tables, dns, command you know and what else you can remember.. close your eyes and take 5 or 6 big breaths. Once you start if another question triggers another memory then add this down. I find it helps you get your nerves and thoughts in order....

Also I like to read the answers first, then the questions and then the answers again, this way you can usually see 2 of them have nothing to do with the correct answer and then weigh up the pros and cons from there

What other survival tips do people have when they sit the examines ???
  • Options
    neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    many congrats :)

I've got my meeting with the beast on the 14th.

I still can't understand why this exam seems much harder than the 70-290, 70-270, even though they count towards the MCSA/E - maybe its the hands-on factor.

I'm giving Transcenders a bashing at present..........
  • Options
    Nice one, a pass a pass! best of luck on the 293.
    2011:

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

• Options
    jb82jb82 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Sounds like you got the same mix of questions as I did earlier this week. DNS DNS DNS DNS DNS DNS ............... did I mention DNS ?
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.