A+ Certification Exam Guide

BandanaBandana Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have an "All In One A+ Certification Exam Guide (5th Edition)" by Michael Meyers. I'm on page 625 and just realized his 6th edition is now on the market.
Do I absolutely need to purchase & go with the info. in the 6th edition or can I get by with studying the 5th edition I have now?
Is there any way I could study the 5th edition & pick up the extra by going to some free sites with updated material or taking current exam practice tests?
Thank you greatly.
Bandana

Comments

• PeeceKeeperPeeceKeeper Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You should have sufficiant knowledge with the 5th edition, heck you may have sufficiant knowledge with the 3rd!

I recommend getting some hands on experience. Perhaps by opening up your own system and fiddling with it. Check out the new devices on TigerDirect.com, see whats different than the previous hardware (what new technology is put into it, stuff like that).

For example, lets pretend DDR3 RAM has just been released to the market. Find out what makes DDR3 differant from DDR2. Do research. Self teach. Absorb the knowledge!

Im not FULLY certified as of yet lol, but will register for my 602 exam hopefully within the next 2 weeks or so!

Just relax and dont stress out. GL!:D
  • BandanaBandana Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Peacekeeper, for your reply and help!

Bandana
  • PeeceKeeperPeeceKeeper Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bandana wrote: »
    Thank you Peacekeeper, for your reply and help!

Bandana

No problem! Glad to be of some help ^^

Good luck on the exam!
    -Peecekeeper

(P.s. I am aware of the 'typo', it is spelled like that purposely! Just trying to be an individual icon_thumright.gif)