Options

Group Policy not showing up

ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
Hello Everyone,

I was hoping someone could clear up an issue I am seeing...

I configure a GPO that says after 2mins of inactive use activate the screen saver and upon return password protect. Now on my computer these changes did take affect, however if I do a gpedit.msc and view my local group policy and browse down to where I made these changes it says not configured 0.o

So my question to all you brilliant people out there is why would I not be able to see the changes on my local machine but I know for a fact the changes to place ?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Because a group policy is assigned to a domain, OU, or site, and you're looking at your local policy.

Run RSoP and see what that says. You should see it there.
  • Options
    ZaitsZaits Member Posts: 142
    dynamik wrote: »
    Because a group policy is assigned to a domain, OU, or site, and you're looking at your local policy.

Run RSoP and see what that says. You should see it there.

Wow thanks for the quick response and that is an awsome tool !!

My last question to you then is when I view my local policy I also have a GPO for a password policy. This password policy is under computer configuration and if I view this under the local policy it matches my policy I push down from the domain. Could it be because its under computer configuration rather then my screen saver policy which is under user configuration ?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Your local policy will always be independent of your group policies. If the same setting is configured identically in both places, it was either intentionally setup that way or just a coincidence; it's not getting assigned there because you configured it in a group policy.

If you like RSoP, be sure to check out the Group Policy Modeling tool as well: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781242.aspx
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you do a gpupdate /force then logout and log back in? GP settings are rarely instantaneous.