Options

Frustration

lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
[vent]
I've been contracting with a company for 10 months now. 7 months ago the manager of the help desk told me he was trying to get a position open for a desktop administrator and that I was the person he wanted for it. The position was approved two months ago. Not only did I not get the position, I didnt even get interviewed.

Today, a month later, the help desk manager called me in his office to apologize. He said the director of the IT group took the decision out of his hands. Needless to say there was a fair amount of politics at work here. He himself is disgusted about the whole process and implied that he might not be with the company much longer. He told me it may have been a blessing in disguise so that I dont have to deal with this &%$# every day as an employee.

As a positive, he says (and in fact, has said this all along) that he would be more than willing to provide a reference should I need it in the future.

GRRRRRRRRR....
[/vent]
I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Bah.

Fortunately it didn't happen to me, but I've seen this happen to other several times. This:
    He himself is disgusted about the whole process and implied that he might not be with the company much longer.
    sounds familiar as well... If you are going to stay there, ask the the help desk manager in a couple of weeks/months if he found a new job yet... keep doing that once in a while. icon_wink.gif