Options

Taking a chance?

Tin_ManTin_Man Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was browsing the job boards as usual today, I came across a listing that caught my eye, its close to home and its the next step I want to take in my career its for a IT Manager position @ a Healthcare . Plus I know someone that works in the building so I have a possible inside. However I'm doubting myself if I should even apply as I fear it may be too far outside of my relam right now. There is a part me of that is saying **** it apply anyways.

Any advice?? I'm torn. I have highilghted my main area's of concern.

Requirements

· Seven (7) years related progressive experience in a medium size organization, including three (3) years managing IT operations
· Experience working in a healthcare environment, using Meditech, is preferred
· Excellent decision making skills with the ability to form and defend independent judgments
· Firm knowledge of IT Infrastructure Architecture and Design
· Proficiency with common operating systems, including Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
· Firm knowledge of WAN, LAN, Internet and wireless technologies
· Experience with incident response, business continuity planning and disaster recovery, auditing, and risk management
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills - ability to interact with all levels of personnel
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team and interact effectively with committees.
· Demonstrate an interest in health information and have a passion for computers and technology
· Ability to conceptualize and think creatively
Excellent analytical, problem recognition and creative problem solving skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet tight deadlines
· Certification relevant to IT (e.g.: CCNA, PMP, CPHIMS, HL7, ITIL) an asset
WIP: 70-647 (5%)

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Get together with your contact and see if you can get more details about the position, what specifically you would be doing, what sort of infrastructure they have, and so forth so that you can formulate a plan as to how your skills would specifically fit their need. If it looks good then go for it. Get in front of the hiring manager and show your worth to the company.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/