Options

Power Issues at home

PremierCiscoPremierCisco Member Posts: 221
Hi folks,

I was wondering how you all cope with all your equipment being plugged in all the time?.

Especially folks with Cisco labs, i have a 10 plug extension panel plugged into the wall socket,im thinking you can't have all your cisco lab devices and laptop/desktop running as well.

Basically what do you have in your home UPS? etc..

I hope what i've posted makes sense to you all.

Any thoughts would be most welcoming.

Regards

Eamonn
Bachelor of Science in Computer Services Management - Limerick Institute of Technology
Higher Certificate in Science in Computer Services - Limerick Institute of Technology
Certificate Information Technology and Computing - The Open University
Certificate in Computing and Mathematics -The Open University

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In my lab room I have 4 servers (quad-core intel) each with at minimum 4 hdd's, another PC based on the Intel Atom chip as a security appliance, and a rack of cisco equipment consisting of 9 routers and 4 switches. Also have my home router, cable modem, and my voip ATA running on the same circuit as my 20ish cubic foot freezer with no problems. I obviously don't keep the router lab running 24/7 but I have had it all powered previously and have had the compressor kick in on the freezer and it's been fine.

EDIT: As far as any UPS goes, I have an APC 2200 for the servers and my home network gear, the routers are running off a rackmount cyberpower surge protector which powers two rackmount remote power switches so I can power up my lab remotely as needed.