Options

Anyone here use the Bryant forum?

petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
Yes, I broke down and picked up the Bryant package (minus rack time). So shoot me. :)

Actually, it's been VERY* helpful so far, except that Chris has not yet approved my forum membership. I've called, E-mailed. I may eventually have to resort to snail-mail!! :D

If anyone here has access to his forum, please put a bug in his ear (I use the same handle over there). Thanks! Feel free to respond or PM if you have any questions. . .

*I'm one of those "cocky MCSEs" you hear about who's been felled by the Cisco exams. Tough stuff, but it's not the first time I've needed THREE or more study resources for an exam. This time, between the latest Lammle book, the Bryant materials and occasional glances at the Odom books, I think I stand a fighting chance of getting it all done finally. . .
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
--Will Rogers

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    petedude wrote: »
    Yes, I broke down and picked up the Bryant package (minus rack time). So shoot me. :)

Hm? His material is good quality. What's the problem?

I don't use those forums, but he's always responded to my emails quickly. Maybe check your junk mail or try asking again.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897

Actually, it's been VERY* helpful so far, except that Chris has not yet approved my forum membership. I've called, E-mailed. I may eventually have to resort to snail-mail!! :D

If anyone here has access to his forum, please put a bug in his ear (I use the same handle over there). Thanks! Feel free to respond or PM if you have any questions. . .

*I'm one of those "cocky MCSEs" you hear about who's been felled by the Cisco exams. Tough stuff, but it's not the first time I've needed THREE or more study resources for an exam. This time, between the latest Lammle book, the Bryant materials and occasional glances at the Odom books, I think I stand a fighting chance of getting it all done finally. . .

Never had a problem.... Purchased his CCNA and CCNP package
    He is also very prompt in replying to emails.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
    According to his email newsletter his office was overcome with the flu virus and he had several people out.

I just finished his book. Very good stuff.
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    dynamik wrote: »
    Hm? His material is good quality. What's the problem?

Not knocking him-- it's just his near-infomercial quality advertising turns some folks off.

I'm very happy with the study materials-- I could just use some guidance on some topics I'm studying, and can't seem to get a hold of him. Have tried multiple E-mails to different addresses, checking spam, leaving a voice mail and left a cell number. Maybe I'll end up trying Lammle's forum.

I guess I should wait a few more days and see if the staff catches up after the flu bout. Bad news for that outfit is I could also be a potential training customer for TrainSignal or the online boot camp, but I probably shouldn't buy anything else if I'm not getting everything I was promised on the first go-around.

Another question for the Bryant customers here-- did you find the practice exams to be a good gauge of your readiness, or did you need another product for that?
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Not knocking him-- it's just his near-infomercial quality advertising turns some folks off.

I'm very happy with the study materials-- I could just use some guidance on some topics I'm studying, and can't seem to get a hold of him. Have tried multiple E-mails to different addresses, checking spam, leaving a voice mail and left a cell number. Maybe I'll end up trying Lammle's forum.

I guess I should wait a few more days and see if the staff catches up after the flu bout. Bad news for that outfit is I could also be a potential training customer for TrainSignal or the online boot camp, but I probably shouldn't buy anything else if I'm not getting everything I was promised on the first go-around.

Another question for the Bryant customers here-- did you find the practice exams to be a good gauge of your readiness, or did you need another product for that?

The Bryant forum should be used like any other forum, as another source of information/feedback. Is there anything stopping you from asking your questions here? Networking is networking, there are lot of people who have learned what you are working on. Chris is a smart guy, has his CCIE and has found the nac to market his knowledge. There are CCIE's, CCNPs and CCNAs that read this forum that could also answer your questions..

BTW, I am not knocking Chris, I am a huge fan of his material. The tests, help you to some degreee, memorize concepts, and facts and figures, but they will not be anything like the real exam. What you really need is access to real gear, so how it reacts live time, in the case of switches, or GNS or live routers to see how everything works.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    You are right about his near-infomercial quality advertising, yes it is bad.

But you will find that the Bryant Cult (I am one of them) is very loyal to him as his material is top quality and easy to follow. Emails are answered quickly, considering he is a CCIE, but did take about 2 weeks to get my login for the forum.

Will be using him again as a second source from cisco official guides.
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)