Options

MCTS exam 70-536

thomasextremethomasextreme Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
What are the best practice exams to take?
Also, what are the thoughts about the classroom training
2956 and 2957?

Comments

• Options
    FirstCoolFirstCool Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I recently passed 70-536 and found Transcender to be by far the best practice exams. Subscribe to their Sample Question A Day RSS feed to get a good idea of how the actual exam questions are presented.

For people not familiar with "2956 and 2957," Microsoft provides bundles of training material and they identify bundles 2956 and 2957 as being the way to prepare for exam 70-536.

I took a five day class on 2956 and 2957 the week before I took the test. We flew through the material; you had to have studied it beforehand to have any idea what was being presented.

I was most impressed by the books we received in class. The quality of the books is much better than the quality of the Self-Paced Training Kit book. I would like to find some way to acquire these "Microsoft Official Course" books for my next round of studying. I've asked my employer to purchase the Microsoft eLearning version of my next training bundle, and I assume that it is an online version of the MOC printed book. The eLearning packages use the same identifiers such as 2956 and 2957.

For me, a better study plan will be to use eLearning over many weeks instead of trying to cram it all into a few days, assuming that eLearning has the same quality as the MOC books. I'll let you know what I find out.

Walt
  • Options
    Thanks for your response, it was very helpful.
    I have been studying as much time as I could put into it, I am defiantly going to take the classes on 2956 and 2957. The place offers the classes as 3 days the first week and then 3 days the week after. I should take the exam the Friday after the second class.
  • Options
    Finally, I passed my exam today 70-536
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Did you use anything to prepare besides the courses?
  • Options
    DeepCodeDeepCode Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats; that exam was a pain..... The chapters never seem to end
  • Options
    What helped me was once I learned (most of) the material I used the practice exams from Self-Test and MeasureUp in learning mode. I did Self-Test first. I started out by selecting 10 questions form a particular category and on each question I would go back and review the information. I kept doing this for each category until I ran out of questions.
  • Options
    MidLiveUpgradeMidLiveUpgrade Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats thomasextreme ... not an ez one to pass.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    thomasextreme, what sort of professional experience did you have before taking the exam? I have very little but plan on taking it this month.... I am getting my proverbial @$$ kicked byt the practice exams, though I am learning a ton using selftest. Also, what kind of score did you get?
  • Options
    In my opinion, a month is too short. I started studying on and off since November and I really picked up the pace toward the end. I do have a strong technical background; I have been coding my entire life.
    Also, I suggest try to understand the material first before taking the practice exams.