Aadobe Flash Player 10 issue

waltdeewaltdee Member Posts: 122
hello all,

Ive been working on this issue for 2 hours now. Heres what happens: i have a client with win xp sp3 IE7 installed, she goes to Media Center | MLB.com: Multimedia and tries to play one of those videos. It tells her to install adobe flash player 10. Now, flash player 10 is installed, i reinstalled it just incase, still didnt work. I ran an adobe fix that resets permissions in the registry for flash player. i made sure IE7 settings are configured correctly. I even installed firefox, installed flash for firefox, and same message comes up. BUT, every other site flash works, even within that same mlb site flash works, but just not on that section. its not the site for sure, b/c i can play it.

im open to any suggestions
when one is the, the one will be the being of willing to be the one.

Comments

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    If the client can use MLB.com while at work then it shouldn't be a problem to download things such as Mozilla Firefox.

So...

Solution: Download Mozilla Firefox
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • waltdeewaltdee Member Posts: 122
    haha, good one, i dont approve it, i actually told her that shes sol, not litteraly.

anyways, i did install firefox just to test if the "please install adobe flash 10" came up, and it did. So its something else, has to, maybe registry. maybe..., maybe i should just stop thinking about it, and not care since is not even work related...im too nice to people icon_sad.gif
    when one is the, the one will be the being of willing to be the one.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Have you tried the registry fix from this thread? Flash Player 10 is not detected in Firefox 3

Is she running on Vista? Perhaps it is permissions related. Could try running the browser with admin rights.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/