Options

Passed 70-640

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hello all,

I passed 70-640 with a 793 this morning. I used the MS Press book with Transcenders and a virtual lab for the exercises. Spent about 5 months on and off studying for this one. Now on to Project+ (school requirement).

Have a great day.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, congrats!

Good luck with the Project+. Are you going to go back to the 2008 track after that?
  • Options
    I will be working on the 2008 track throughout the year. My plan is to finish with the SA by this time next year and the EA shortly after. I have to make school a priority right now and am on track to graduate in December.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • Options
    eltorky2020eltorky2020 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    we want 70-640 (83-640) simulation ?
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    yes that would be good... I have that exam at the end of the month.. .should be interesting
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I will have it next month also, seems from his score "793" it was a difficult exam...
  • Options
    saad3000 wrote: »
    I will have it next month also, seems from his score "793" it was a difficult exam...

It all depends on how much you study and prepare for the exam. I'm not overly good at taking tests and ended up second guessing some of my answers. Which probably contributed to my score.

Based on the fact that it is a relatively new exam from Microsoft I don't think they have had time to developed it much. Compared to the 70-291 "beast" this exam was easy. It was 42 questions with one drag and drop. The main sections were DNS, Certificates, AD-FS, AD-RMS and backup questions. Its also worth mentioning I didn't dedicate the last 5 months studying for this test. It was an on again off again approach to this exam. My focus right now is finishing my degree. I just didn't want my voucher to expire. Read the book, do the labs a couple of times and use a practice test like Transcenders. When you can ace those practice exams and explain why the answer is correct you should do fine on the live one.

Best of luck
    Currently Studying:
  • Options
    saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrat man! :) Am going to do the labs and getting the AD-70-640 Videos from Trainsignal they are good ones!
  • Options
    DustykDustyk Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats..I passed mine this morning with a 905. It wasnt to bad. I have started studing for 642 and that one looks like a pain. Lots of IPV6 stuff.
    Dusty
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Just so people know I also have used seen the trainsignal video's and they are very good, however I do suggest the Nuggets one as well as they cover AD-RMS, AD FS and Certification in a lot more detail than trainsignal. However in saying that, I haven't taken the test yet and don't know if they will play a major part in 83-640

So I am going to study them as if they were AD DS anyway to make sure.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete