Options

Passed the 644-802!

dandeguiredandeguire Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
This was a retake for me because the first time, there were technical difficulties. The first question on the test had the same problem, but the proctor stopped (not ended) and restarted the exam at Cisco's direction, and the problem went away.

For those interested, I had a small home lab (my wife calls it the Monster Lab), and I used gns3/dynamips for a few of the labs. I used Todd Lammel's book, and while he is humorous enough to keep me awake, there were a few topics that could have used a little more depth. I also hit subnettingquestions.com until I could do them in 15 seconds or less. Being able to subnet quickly and accurately is critical to passing this test!

Now to spruce up my resume...

Comments

• Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Congratulations!!!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great job.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

The wife complains about my lab too - my advice with women is to ignore them

;)

Um, gotta go now before my wife sees me post this

icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    dandeguiredandeguire Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Netwurk wrote: »
    Congrats!!!

The wife complains about my lab too - my advice with women is to ignore them

;)

Um, gotta go now before my wife sees me post this

icon_mrgreen.gif

Ignoring your wife can lead to very very bad things. I recommand constant survalence.
  • Options
    LT72884LT72884 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lucky. I take my exam in a month. Mine is also a redo becaus ei noticed in packet tracer that when a switch port becomes active, the entry is taken out of the show vlan output. I had this very issue today and it seems to be a packet tracer glitch. But the same thing happened with me during my exam and i couldnt complete the sim so i skipped it. I did get an 79% though.

Yes subnetting is very important. So is supernetting. Supernetting will help with ACL's a ton. for example here is our extra credit in class

using NACL's deny the following ranges

128.3.0.0 - 128.247.255.255
    192.168.0.0/16
    10.0.0.0/8
    172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255

congrats with passing. What else doyou feel you wish the book covered.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    LT72884 wrote: »
    Lucky. I take my exam in a month. Mine is also a redo becaus ei noticed in packet tracer that when a switch port becomes active, the entry is taken out of the show vlan output.

That port you are activating wouldn't happen to be connecting to another switch would it? If so it probably formed a trunk which is why it wouldn't show up in the show vlan command. Try show interface trunk.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.