Options

Question on security templates, ip addresses

tDoBtDoB Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had a question that asked what order the security templates should be applied.

Just a general question here, but if I apply the setup security template first, and then apply another template second, any conflicting settings from the second template will overwrite the first, correct?

I also had a question on IP Addressing that kind of threw me. They gave a scenario and the company wanted to use the scheme throughout. After calculating the number of addresses required per subet, (about 230-240), I had to answer what class of private addressing they should use.

I wasnt sure how to answer this? I mean, Class C would work, however you are screwed for expansion purposes. Do I take this into consideration when answering this type of question, or am I thinking too much?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes, you apply security templates from most general to most specific, and subsequent settings override those that were previously configured.

As far as subnetting questions like that go, I'd use whatever fits the amount you end up with. They may not necessarily refer to real world scenarios.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    tDoB wrote: »
    I also had a question on IP Addressing that kind of threw me. They gave a scenario and the company wanted to use the scheme throughout. After calculating the number of addresses required per subet, (about 230-240), I had to answer what class of private addressing they should use.

I wasnt sure how to answer this? I mean, Class C would work, however you are screwed for expansion purposes. Do I take this into consideration when answering this type of question, or am I thinking too much?

Read the question(s) very carefully. It will be pretty obvious if they want you to consider room for growth. In my experience, do only what the question asks, no more, no less.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    tDoBtDoB Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice. Ended up passing with a good score on the second shot last weekend.

I also passed the 294 today, I figured I would give it a go as I have the second shot and I know AD very well (been working with it extensively for a few years now). Scored my best ever, 930! Goes to show, real life experience > MS Press books. :)
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Wow, nice score and congrats on both of your exams!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)