Options

Baseball

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone else as excited for baseball as I am!?

I'm a huge Red Sox fan, and opening day was yesterday. icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    No, but I'm euphoric that my Chicago Bears signed Jay Cutler. Does that count? icon_cool.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Nope.

Hate baseball and all professional sports (except Hockey) and even then I couldn't care if it was the season or not.

FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Very excited, even though I am not playing fantasy ball this year.

The season should have opened here in Tampa where we have a warm, dry dome rather than crappy New England weather. Looks like another fight to the finish in the best division in baseball!
  • Options
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Very excited, even though I am not playing fantasy ball this year.

The season should have opened here in Tampa where we have a warm, dry dome rather than crappy New England weather. Looks like another fight to the finish in the best division in baseball!

What was that score again yesterday?

Red Sox : 5 Rays: 3

I think that's right icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No, still waiting on football. American football that is.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blah @ the Red Sux....the Evil Empire will strick back this year!!!
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Not so much a MLB fan, but I enjoy coaching my son's 12 and under team. He however will watch and play and the baseball I'll let him get away with.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Nope.

Hate baseball and all professional sports

Ditto.

The only sport I'm interested in is hunting with Birds of Prey.
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Ugh. I am a big Yankee fan, so I decided at the last minute to grab an overpriced ticket on StubHub to opening day in Baltimore.

PROS:

Front row seat. Nice weather. Green grass. Tasty hotdogs. Cold beer. Beautiful scenery (read: pretty girls). I have been to 3-4 opening days over the years and it is a great atmosphere!

CONS

Parked in the next zip code. $8 beers. My Yankees got destroyed 10-5.

I love football and I will watch everything from NASCAR to Golf to Gymnastics on TV, but for me if you want to see a game in person.... go to a Major League Baseball game! Football is much better in HD on my big screen from the couch.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nope, only football for me (soccer for those in the US). Then probs rugby.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Haven't really been all that thrilled about baseball ever since the strike back in the 90's. I'm pretty much just a football fan.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    skeet2331skeet2331 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm a huge Cubs fan. It upset me opening day when they blacked out the game on ESPN.
  • Options
    LefanduchLefanduch Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm a huge Montreal Canadiens Fan. In my mind, hockey is so much a better sport then baseball. Well everyone have his favorite sport!
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Booooo!!! I am not a big fan of the Red Sox at all!! It's all about the Oakland A's icon_mrgreen.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    The Rangers are actually in first place. I like to watch baseball and even like to go to a game from time to time but I'm not a die hard fan.
  • Options
    I only have one more thing to say...

CD2255A0133B48E4AFA0A73DA4FC26DB.jpg

(Oh yes, feel the irrational hope the Chicago Bears might do something this year!)

P.S. Yes, I know this has nothing to do with baseball. icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Is that JAY CUTLER?
  • Options
    JAY CUTLER, BABY! icon_cool.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    All you bears fans will soon realize Cutler is over hyped. He is proud to bring to Chicago what he brings to every team. The best .500 record in football. However don't worry he will get his 20 TDs.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    loxleynew wrote: »
    All you bears fans will soon realize Cutler is over hyped. He is proud to bring to Chicago what he brings to every team. The best .500 record in football. However don't worry he will get his 20 TDs.

If you think the Broncos were .500 because of Cutler you must not actually watch football. Did you not see that sorry excuse for a defense that gave up 448 points? That puts them only ahead of the Lions and Rams.

Even my horrible Saints defense did better than that!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Anyone else as excited for baseball as I am!?

I'm a huge Red Sox fan, and opening day was yesterday. icon_thumright.gif

As a Mets fans, I am always excited at the begining of the season, knowing that the big let down is only 5 months away....
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    If you think the Broncos were .500 because of Cutler you must not actually watch football. Did you not see that sorry excuse for a defense that gave up 448 points? That puts them only ahead of the Lions and Rams.

Good news: you're right.

Bad news: Chicago's defense ranked 21st last year. I don't see it getting better unless they get a pass rushing defensive end better than Ogunleye. And Mark Anderson doesn't count. Good player off the bench, but he gets blown off the line on running plays.

But I'm just glad we actually have someone who can throw long to Hester now. icon_lol.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • Options

Sure I saw that. I live in denver and go to/watch every game. Sure that defense was horrible. However Cutlers pisspoor reads and throwing into triple coverage were as much to blame. Sure he won us some games, however he lost us some as well. Example Jax and Buff games. Also many of those throws the receivers made amazing catches off of questionable throws. Example Cleveland game he shouldve thrown 5 picks instead of the 1.
  • Options
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Good news: you're right.

Bad news: Chicago's defense ranked 21st last year. I don't see it getting better unless they get a pass rushing defensive end better than Ogunleye. And Mark Anderson doesn't count. Good player off the bench, but he gets blown off the line on running plays.

But I'm just glad we actually have someone who can throw long to Hester now. icon_lol.gif

You guys really need a good receiver. The words Cutler throwing long to hester should not be mentioned. Especially if you want your team to go to the playoffs. You guys need to go get Holt.