Options

70-649 attempt

Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
I did another double test attempt. This time 236 and 649. I primarily focused on 236, and since MS had a 2nd shot, I anticipated just taking this one as well to see what it's like and save myself $80 from a Transcender possibly.

There were a lot of questions that I was just not even 90% sure about. I did review the new technologies like NAP and such, so I didn't have anything completely foreign. Had a few WDS questions, which is awesome since I implemented WDS at work. Ton of IIS. At teh end I thought I'd score around 600 or so. I ended up getting an 840. 850/850/820.

I've read from here that if you have a strong knowledge of W2k3 that it's very possible passing this test without any prep. I feel that is true. I completely expected to fail, and figure out the test from that.
A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
CCNA

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats. What resources did you use for the 649?
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's been awhile Tyrant; I expected more than just two ;)

Congrats!
  • Options
    Yeah it's been awhile. I've been pretty busy at work the last few months and haven't found the time to post as much. Maybe because I took a slight break from certs after finishing the MCSE. Good to be semi-back I guess.

I used some big red book, the name is skipping me at the moment. I think it was one of the first 649 books awhile ago. It's a HUGE book. MS-Press wasn't out yet, and I'm not sure if it's out now.

Next big decision, to take 646 as well with 647? Since I get reimbursed for all my tests, I might as well for fun.

I'll post my Exchange 236 experience, eventually.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    That dirty great one by Syngress? That's what I'm using at the moment, though I did a couple of MS courses fairly recently and I seem to be spending more time using technet as a resource these days.

Good luck with 646/647 :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Thanks buddy! (I'm not your buddy guy, I'm not your guy friend, I'm not etc...)

This is my first exam where I feel I got lucky. I feel there's a lot more I could have pulled out of this by studying more, but the 2nd shot offer allowed me to try once with little regard to actually passing. I guess 647 will polish me off a bit.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    CCNA
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Good job on the score! I agree, a solid 2003 foundation with a bit of review of the new features of 2008 will ride you on through.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."