Options

Howdy -Again!

dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well, after a long hiatus of trying to get a "hold me over" job after my last one at a failed financial institution, earning my Bachelor's, and dealing with "great stuff" at my lovely hold me over job - I am hunkering down and working on getting my CCNA. I remember how helpful this site was in my Micro$oft studies so I'm looking forward to using this great resource with my Cisco pursuits.

The last year and a half has been crazy but I am finding that learning Cisco will certainly help my job marketability. Anyways, thanks you all and I look forward to the fun of Cisco.

Ahem - My question would be that if I'm going to setup a home lab for CCNA to start, do I really need anything more than a couple 2500 routers and a couple 1900 switches? I'm not certain if the IOS versions on that equipment would be hindering my studies or not. Plus, I really don't have a lot of cash that I can spend right now on a lab.

Thank you all for any input you may have.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

Comments

• Options
    drew2000drew2000 Member Posts: 290
    Howdy,
    So did you get a new job? You have some nice certs so I hope you got a good job.

For your MCITP, did you take the upgrade tests or the individual exams?

Later,
    Drew
  • Options
    dstock7337dstock7337 Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    drew2000 wrote: »
    Howdy,
    So did you get a new job? You have some nice certs so I hope you got a good job.

For your MCITP, did you take the upgrade tests or the individual exams?

Later,
    Drew

Thanks Drew, I appreciate the best wishes.

I got one but had to settle for something less than what I was led on to believe. That reason, combined with my new monthly student loan payment cost and no opportunity for growth where I am presently at, has led me to seek work elsewhere. Times are tough right now though so nothing is panning up right now. In time - coupled with what I learn from Cisco - I should be in a better position soon.

As for MCITP, I took the upgrade exam for 2008 followed by the professional exam to earn the MCITP. It wasn't too difficult, considering that most of the fundamentals hadn't changed, just the features set with M$ server 2008.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates